Water base spray lacquer shelf life
I was going through my shop and cleaning some stuff up and came across a gallon of JE Moser water based premium spray lacquer from 2006. It has never been opened or froze

Any of you finishing gurus think this product is still good?
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
If it's pink or smells rotten it's likely bad.  If not, try it on some scrap and see if it cures well.  

John
The proof will be in the testing. Some time ago Jeff Jewitt published something about shelf life of finishes and said that any waterborne should be tossed after 2 years, whether it had been opened or not. My very-less-experience-than-his is only with some Targert coatings stuff that sat in a jar for well over 5 years in my shop and was still good. I tossed it anyway (not enough for anything), but I'd test it and go from there.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(03-07-2018, 06:40 AM)fredhargis Wrote: The proof will be in the testing. Some time ago Jeff Jewitt published something about shelf life of finishes and said that any waterborne should be tossed after 2 years, whether it had been opened or not. My very-less-experience-than-his is only with some Targert coatings stuff that sat in a jar for well over 5 years in my shop and was still good. I tossed it anyway (not enough for anything), but I'd test it and go from there.

Thanks guys.  I'll give it a shot
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV