Double oven...bottom on stopped heating
Hi,

We have an about 7-8 yr old KitchenAid double oven (model # KEBS207SSS04).  The upper one works fine but the bottom one didn't heat up last night.

(I did do the self-cleaning the other day and I checked and the element isn't loose)

Looking at repairclinic.com it suggests either the element is broken, the thermal fuse is bad, the relay board or the oven control board is bad.  Those last 2 parts are approx $250....ouch.   

In looking @ the heating element I can't see any visible damage to it.  The thermal fuse option is a rare occurrence, according to RC.com.

They say to test both with a multi-meter.  Don't have one, but the neighbor does.

Question: is the thermal fuse accessible from the front or do I have to muscle this thing out and get at it from the back?
Dumber than I appear
Do a continuity on the element.  Also you can check to see if you have voltage where the element plugs in but be careful as it is 220 volts
Looks like I can simply slide it out a but to change the fuse.
Dumber than I appear
Thermal fuse. It's on the back. Cheap part. I keep a couple on hand. Whirlpool (aka Kitchenaid) are known for this.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry