Dye and Stain prev fumed white oak
I recently completed G. Paolini's version of Stickley's #74  book rack with the intention of trying an ammonia fumed finish.  I thought I was attentive enough to remove any potential sapwood and after fuming for 24 hrs, it is apparent I was not as thorough enough. 
No
No
No

I usually use an aniline dye and pigment stain method for my Arts-n-Craft projects and am not unhappy with the results, I just wanted to try fuming.  With exception of sapwood 'streaks', I am pleased with the results. 

I could keep it as is and leave the sapwood as a sharp contrast (and a reminder to myself to be even more scrutinous), however if I can fix the piece with out getting into trying to match the sapwood streaks with toners/dyes etc, I would prefer to go this route.

My question is if anyone has dyed/stained previously fumed white oak and what was the effect? 

Will dye/stain method even out the sharp variations between heartwood and sapwood now that it has been fumed? 

Thanks

Mike