New Hitachi Compressor - just right for me
Hey Friends,

I don’t have need for a high-end or large capacity compressor for my woodworking shop.  Just something small to drive my brad nailers, etc.

I ran across some positive reviews (Woodworkers Journal) and thought I’d give it a try:

Hitachi EC28M Ultra Quiet (59 DB) Oil-Free Portable 1 gallon Air Compressor

I decided to give a try and it’s an awesome little unit.  *Incredibly* quiet, and has plenty of capacity and power to drive my 18ga & 23ga shop nailers; even for an occasional blow-out of the dust collection filter.

Regular price is about $150... got it through Amazon for $129.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077ZQ...UTF8&psc=1

No association with Hitachi, just nice to find a tool with good value.

Cheers,
Dave
(03-14-2018, 09:28 PM)djcook50 Wrote: Hey Friends,

I don’t have need for a high-end or large capacity compressor for my woodworking shop.  Just something small to drive my brad nailers, etc.

I ran across some positive reviews (Woodworkers Journal) and thought I’d give it a try:

Hitachi EC28M Ultra Quiet (59 DB) Oil-Free Portable 1 gallon Air Compressor

I decided to give a try and it’s an awesome little unit.  *Incredibly* quiet, and has plenty of capacity and power to drive my 18ga & 23ga shop nailers; even for an occasional blow-out of the dust collection filter.

Regular price is about $150... got it through Amazon for $129.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077ZQ...UTF8&psc=1

Hi Dave - just purchased the California Air Compressor from Amazon shown below - just a one gallon tank but at 56 decibels sounds like a cat purring compared to my old Makita Hot Dog - the latter's tank was larger, so less recycling, but I now use the compressor to run my 21G & 23G pinners/nailers - so far happy w/ the acquisition - the Hitachi looks nice - good luck!  Dave
Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Piedmont North Carolina
(03-14-2018, 10:35 PM)giradman Wrote: Hi Dave - just purchased the California Air Compressor from Amazon shown below - just a one gallon tank but at 56 decibels sounds like a cat purring compared to my old Makita Hot Dog - the latter's tank was larger, so less recycling, but I now use the compressor to run my 21G & 23G pinners/nailers - so far happy w/ the acquisition - the Hitachi looks nice - good luck!  Dave
Smile

Another nice unit!  Good score.  I know the California Air Compressors have gotten great reviews.
I have a Porter-Cable 6 gallon pancake compressor for many years.  It has been reliable and it is an oil-less design.  

The newer model has a more nicely integrated gage cluster/handle and now goes up to 150 psi.  $99.00 almost everywhere (Lowes, Home Depot, Amazon.com, etc.).

It has the advantage that spare parts, if ever required, are readily available.

It has plenty of capacity for nail guns, but not enough volume of air for spray painting (except air brush), or using pneumatic grinders or high usage tools.  But it is light and portable and I don't find that amount of noise it makes objectionable.  

They do specify that you drain the air from the tank after each use to purge any moisture in the tank. I think it is a good idea for any of these.  (I've been known to forget to do so, however.)
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(03-15-2018, 08:58 AM)Cooler Wrote: I have a Porter-Cable 6 gallon pancake compressor for many years.  It has been reliable and it is an oil-less design.  

The newer model has a more nicely integrated gage cluster/handle and now goes up to 150 psi.  $99.00 almost everywhere (Lowes, Home Depot, Amazon.com, etc.).

It has the advantage that spare parts, if ever required, are readily available.

It has plenty of capacity for nail guns, but not enough volume of air for spray painting (except air brush), or using pneumatic grinders or high usage tools.  But it is light and portable and I don't find that amount of noise it makes objectionable.  

They do specify that you drain the air from the tank after each use to purge any moisture in the tank. I think it is a good idea for any of these.  (I've been known to forget to do so, however.)

I have the newer one you mention.  I like it.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe