York Pattern makers vice ?
Looking at one of these for my bench,  any comments ?   I know very little about them.
Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand

Have one on my bench. Cant post pics at the moment but can post later tonight when I get home. Love it. Don't often rotate it around, but when I need to clamp something strange, it will do the job.

One thing I did was to get wide sheets of thin cork board material and a roll of wide magnetic tape, and made magnetic jaw liners. They are pretty chewed up now so I need to come up with a better replacement. Really don't want to glue anything directly to the jaws.
I was wrong on the name .. Its a G.M. Yost .. Patented 1900 .. I bought it .. its in medium shape, never going to be perfect but seems solid and will be a great user.
Ayn Rand

I have a Yost in the restoration waiting line... so have no experience using it. It's in very good condition & looking forward to checking it out. I'm no expert, but I understand that Yost may have worked for Emmert before doing his own thing? The Yost is VERY similar to the Emmert Turtleback - one difference I've noticed is the location of the jaw taper adjustment knob.
(03-21-2018, 11:08 AM)DCM Wrote: I have a Yost in the restoration waiting line... so have no experience using it. It's in very good condition & looking forward to checking it out. I'm no expert, but I understand that Yost may have worked for Emmert before doing his own thing? The Yost is VERY similar to the Emmert Turtleback - one difference I've noticed is the location of the jaw taper adjustment knob.

Yes, Yost did work for Emmert before leaving and starting his own company.
So your saying that knob is for adjusting the taper ?
Ayn Rand

Does yours look like this?

This was taken while the bench was being built  back in 2013

The knob allows you to adjust the jaws in order to clamp items that are not square