Makita Planer Momentary Stops/Slips - Causes?
Just an update - planed about 4 red oak boards the other day and all worked well, so simply waxing the planer bed seemed to correct the issue for me - if the problem returns, I'll clean the rollers w/ naphtha or a similar substance.

Also to mention another issue corrected - I really like this Makita planer but when attached to my Penn State Industries 1 HP dust collector (first pic below from the web), numerous chips were scatter about the planer (suction just not efficient), an irritation that required further vacuuming.  Well, moved my planer to a new location and needed a dust collection option, so bought the portable unit shown below (next 2 pics w/ bags) which was well reviewed on Amazon (very portable and hand held movement) - WELL, I connected this to the Makita planer, ran some boards, and virtually NO chips were spewed on the floor - must be the suction w/ the smaller hose?  Dave
Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Piedmont North Carolina
Yeah but you are going to fill that 5 gallon capacity pretty quickly.
(05-19-2018, 06:33 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Yeah but you are going to fill that 5 gallon capacity pretty quickly.

OH, I know, but my projects are few and far between, so will check often and change bags as needed - BUT, still I'm impressed that it has saved me a LOT of additional vacuuming - still happy (@ the moment) with the results.  Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina