Bar clamps garage sale find
I found these clamps at an estate sale for $8.00 each.  Three 3' and one 4'.   They are the hd ibeam type.   I know they are a little overkill for most woodworking, but I couldn't resist.  I would have kicked myself later if I had passed on them.  For once I saw them in a picture in the craiglist garage sale ad, it had been open for a couple hours when I got there.  I also got a Porter Cable router for $20.00-that needs a new cord.  First sale for me this season, I will be broke if I find this much every week, plus I (we've) been trying to sell some of the excess.

We had those in high school shop class, on a glue table.  Man those things can bring the pressure.
(03-24-2018, 07:45 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: We had those in high school shop class, on a glue table.  Man those things can bring the pressure.

We had them in high school shop class too, but they weren't on a glue table.  They were on a rack on the "other" side of the Shop - and they were HEAVY.

I frequently will have six or more K-Body clamps on a project.  It is heavy moving it off the work bench.  I can't imagine using that many of those on a project - and moving it off the work bench.
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
For that price, you can cut them down to whatever size you want and still have a gloat. Nice score on those.
I found some of those at an estate sale a few years back. I used them once.
Laugh
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
(03-24-2018, 08:58 PM)DaveParkis Wrote: I found some of those at an estate sale a few years back. I used them once.
Laugh

Those are nice clamps.  I found a stash of nearly 75 of them awhile back.  I cleaned them up, kept a few and sold off the rest. They're dang nice clamps for certain things...
(03-24-2018, 07:45 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: We had those in high school shop class, on a glue table.  Man those things can bring the pressure.

Lol....no glue table but, yup had them in school.

Ed
I have four-24" and four-48" of those heavy duty clamps. Used rarely, but when needed, they're the strongest.

My favorite clamps? Universal/Dubuque aluminum bar clamps, and I got a crapload, up through 6' long. Lightweight and plenty of pressure, as long as I do my job. I have Bessey K-body, but rarely use them.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
My favorite big clamps. 6 of mine are 5'ers.
New, those 36" are about $40.00 now, if you can find them in stock somewhere.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-24-2018, 11:41 PM)EdL Wrote: Lol....no glue table but, yup had them in school.

Ed

The glue table was neat.  It was basically a bench w/o a top.  instead it had two wide stringers with notches every 6" or so, you'd place the clamps in the notches.

If my shop had room, I'd make a glue table like that.