Gloat, good buy, just fair, or I got took?
8 Freud turning chisels, 6 Craftsman turning chisels, [ these have been ground down quite a bit, short ] 1 Sorby, 1 Hirsch,  9 small carving or pen turning chisels, and a hone, $75 at an Estate sale.  
Uhoh

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
You suck big tyme.

GM
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.
you got took. send them to me so that you can forget about them.
Wink
(03-25-2018, 07:21 PM)Foggy Wrote: 8 Freud turning chisels, 6 Craftsman turning chisels, [ these have been ground down quite a bit, short ] 1 Sorby, 1 Hirsch,  9 small carving or pen turning chisels, and a hone, $75 at an Estate sale.  
Uhoh

Well by GM and Crockett it seems you did very well. 
Laugh
Laugh
I know Freud makes good steel and so does Sorby but do not know about the rest nor the hone.  So it will help your turning and showing us what you make.
Big Grin
Big Grin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
DO NOT send them to crokette or attempt to use them at home by yourself. You would both more than likely poke your eye out wit them.

Send them to me, who knows better...
...now.

GM
Used the Freuds today. It appears that they have been reground for a left handed turner. I will have to fix that, Sometime.
Rolleyes

Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
Explain what you meant by being ground for a left handed turner.  I thought that turners used both hands as required.
Joe
(03-29-2018, 06:05 PM)diverjo Wrote:  I thought that turners used both hands as required.
Joe

They're probably supposed to.  I'm more definitely more comfortable with my right hand on the handle of the tool and my left guiding it on the tool rest.
DO NOT try to use left-hand-ground tools if you are right handed. You wil surely poke your eye out.
Send them to me. I am ambi-dextrous, and besides that use both hands.
GM
To put the sharp end against the wood and get it to make shavings or chips the round has to be to the left of the wood, over by my left hand.