Great new Traditional Wooden Handplanes book by Scott Wynn
I chanced across this brand-new book, and it is great so far!   The author has over 40 years of experience.  He also focuses on multiple plane types, ages, and countries of origin.  He is also familiar with several recent hot-topics as well ... alloys, chipbreakers, high angles, etc.

I made my first wooden "jack" in 2009, and have been tinkering ever since.  This book really hits a lot of good stuff, and is well illustrated.

Chris
Chris
Incidentally, I have often seen a nicely-tuned wood plane "eject a straight-up gossamer shaving" like few other planes.   Years ago I had a Clifton No. 3 that could do just like that, but by and large my current metallic planes don't have that drama.

I don't know if it's the ultra-stout thick blades in an old woodie, or some other magic.  It sure is fun to watch...

Chris

Chris
Thank you for posting the information.

Also thank you providing inspiration with the use of your wood planes.

I just might need to wander out to the workshop, ignore my projects and have fun with a few planes. . . . . . .
(03-26-2018, 06:43 PM)C. in Indy Wrote: I chanced across this brand-new book, and it is great so far!   The author has over 40 years of experience.  He also focuses on multiple plane types, ages, and countries of origin.  He is also familiar with several recent hot-topics as well ... alloys, chipbreakers, high angles, etc.

I made my first wooden "jack" in 2009, and have been tinkering ever since.  This book really hits a lot of good stuff, and is well illustrated.

Chris

What is the title? And the ISBN please.
Semper Audere!
(05-13-2018, 11:52 AM)Youngbuck Wrote: Traditional Wooden Handplanes: How to Restore, Modify & Use Antique Planes

ISBN: 978-1565238879

Thank You

Traditional Wooden Handplanes: How to Restore, Modify & Use Antique Planes
Scott Wynn
Published by Fox Chapel Publishing
ISBN 10: 1565238877 ISBN 13: 9781565238879
Semper Audere!