Catharine and I have been at it again
Ron and Catharine, you two have knocked it out of the park for sure! That is a spectacular plane! You've sure come a long way since my shooter.

That's the first time I've seen the current version of Tico's shoot board. I'm curious about the linear bearing. I see the plane is screwed to a plate that slides over two strips of UHMW. Is the piece of angle on the near edge in the photo the only thing that captures the plate, or is there something on the other side (the cutting side) that captures the plate too? I just built a 45 degree shoot board with a UHMW bed for my plane, and it works great. But there is no plate, the plane slides on the UHMW. The linear bearing concept has got my attention.
(03-31-2018, 09:36 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: Ron and Catharine, you two have knocked it out of the park for sure! That is a spectacular plane! You've sure come a long way since my shooter.

That's the first time I've seen the current version of Tico's shoot board. I'm curious about the linear bearing. I see the plane is screwed to a plate that slides over two strips of UHMW. Is the piece of angle on the near edge in the photo the only thing that captures the plate, or is there something on the other side (the cutting side) that captures the plate too? I just built a 45 degree shoot board with a UHMW bed for my plane, and it works great. But there is no plate, the plane slides on the UHMW. The linear bearing concept has got my attention.

Hank what is pictured is an earlier version of the "No Rock". I don't have the linear bearing version. I have used the linear bearing version at Handworks. It does work a treat. 

Ron
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/
(04-01-2018, 06:45 AM)Ron Brese Wrote: Hank what is pictured is an earlier version of the "No Rock". I don't have the linear bearing version. I have used the linear bearing version at Handworks. It does work a treat. 

Ron

Ron, if you ever get a photo of there current linear bearing version, send it to me. I've worked with 80/20 linear bearings and they are great. But I can't see how you would incorporate one in a shoot board without ending up with a big, clunky mess.