Bar Clamps - Wide Throat - Options?
(03-28-2018, 10:59 AM)giradman Wrote: Hi Doug - thanks for the link - I was there a few days ago - my preference is for a deep F-bar clamp and not a C- or U-clamp - the latter does not offer the option of spanning a foot or two above some lower lying clamps.  Dave
Smile

If you want F-bar clamps, my guess is that you're going to have to "pony-up" for them; don't know that there is a low cost version of that clamp (if you find one, let us know). The clamps I referenced are in the same style of the second picture you posted, which do not fit over any other clamps.

Good luck,

Doug
Found the ones I have. Seldom used, but they do work ok.
I noticed they are on closeout. Only 4" throat depth though.
There's several different lengths listed other than this 16"

http://www.grizzly.com/products/16-F-Clamps/D2233
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-29-2018, 10:53 AM)Tapper Wrote: If you want F-bar clamps, my guess is that you're going to have to "pony-up" for them; don't know that there is a low cost version of that clamp (if you find one, let us know). The clamps I referenced are in the same style of the second picture you posted, which do not fit over any other clamps.

Good luck,

Doug

Sorry Doug about that 2nd pic - I bought the plans for clamps from Woodsmith and their one example that had a far reach is shown, but as you point out does not solve my desire to 'fit over' other clamps - I decided early on not to try to make these clamps.  Thanks for your comments.  I'm in no hurry and would seem like an infrequent need for me, so might just wait and maybe a '2 for 1' sale will come up? 
Big Grin  Dave
Piedmont North Carolina
(03-29-2018, 02:56 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Found the ones I have. Seldom used, but they do work ok.
I noticed they are on closeout. Only 4" throat depth though.
There's several different lengths listed other than this 16"

http://www.grizzly.com/products/16-F-Clamps/D2233

Thanks for the link - took a look @ Grizzly after your last post - the 4" reach is much better than my current clamps - as I responded to Doug - will hope for a sale - right! 
No
Laugh   Dave
Piedmont North Carolina
Well, I was on Amazon and a $28 VISA awards card 'popped up' - went ahead and ordered 2 7" Bessey clamps - decided on the 16" length to start - with the award card, cost me just under $30 each - if I get another VISA gift will pick up a couple of the 7" x 24" clamps.  Interestingly, I was putting some decorative molding inside my current cabinet project and the 7" clamps would have been perfect to apply the pressure; instead cut some scrap boards and used edge clamps that worked fine - guess there is usually a way(s) to solve an issue.  Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina

Cool
Cool
Cool
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020