Home Depot spray foam kits
(03-29-2018, 11:36 AM)jasfrank Wrote: What menards sells works when its dry. Its for those who dont use their guns often enough and it sets up in there.

Does it work on clothes?  Don't ask me why I ask this question?
(03-29-2018, 08:30 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Does it work on clothes?  Don't ask me why I ask this question?

lol, only  west of the river
I just priced out 129 lf of 8" high rim joists, 3", for $375 call an insulation company.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

(03-31-2018, 05:50 AM)EatenByLimestone Wrote: I just priced out 129 lf of 8" high rim joists, 3", for $375  call an insulation company.

Not too bad at just under $1.45 bf. Usually you can get it down to $1 if you have enough to get that price. But it also depends on weather it's open or closed cell foam.
Again, why spray-foam in a basement? I can't think of one positive reason to do that? Lots of negatives.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

The quote was for closed cell.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

I guess my description is lacking. I'm calling it a basement wall, but I live in a townhouse and the wall I am replacing is a walk out.
This is an exterior wall that currently leaks like a sieve. The opening is between 2 poured concrete foundation walls with a steel lentil above.
Above the lentil is a block wall that runs up the back of the house to the roof line. I want to block as much air infiltration as possible and thought that foam would be the way to go.
How far apart are the concrete walls?
Matt

-Jack Handy

The opening will be 9' wide when I take out the old wall.
With what you describe, batt insulation would mold in short time.
Consider trying to remediate the source of your moisture.

Then, coating the concrete with some sort of vaporproof paint or some sort. Then probably, foam is your best bet.

As suggested earlier, you could go with panels, then fill any gaps with a can of great stuff.
I would counsel against the white beadboard. They make better, more moisture resistant panels. With perfect, dry conditions you can get by with the beadboard, but this is not a perfect condition.