Veritas Hold-Down
Big Grin 
Why did it take me so long to acquire one of these: excellent addition to my bench: highly recommend!

[Image: 00p0p_dOdGZZtiWE6_600x450.jpg]
My most used bench appliance.
(03-29-2018, 02:29 PM)Blockplane Wrote: My most used bench appliance.

Mine too!
You need one more. I have two and sometimes think about getting a third one. In my opinion there is no equal to it.
(03-30-2018, 12:38 AM)wrb Wrote: You need one more.  I have two and sometimes think about getting a third one. In my opinion there is no equal to it.

My problem (issue?) is that I have a Sjobergs bench with 1" dog holes, and I'm not sure I want to drill a bunch of 3/4 holes in the top.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Sound like a perfect excuse to build a new bench!

(03-30-2018, 10:18 AM)Admiral Wrote: My problem (issue?) is that I have a Sjobergs bench with 1" dog holes, and I'm not sure I want to drill a bunch of 3/4 holes in the top.
And here is the improved version of the Veritas hold-down:

First the washer:

[Image: 00Q0Q_emAJJHDNRY2_300x300.jpg]

And then the washer cushioning the body of the holdfast from chewing up the bench:

[Image: 00f0f_dBhndrOUFvR_300x300.jpg]

Cost of upgrade:  $1.58
(03-30-2018, 01:45 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: And here is the improved version of the Veritas hold-down:

First the washer:

[Image: 00Q0Q_emAJJHDNRY2_300x300.jpg]

And then the washer cushioning the body of the holdfast from chewing up the bench:

[Image: 00f0f_dBhndrOUFvR_300x300.jpg]

Cost of upgrade:  $1.58

I have used my Veritas hold-downs heavily for over ten years on a maple bench top. I see absolutely no evidence that the body of the hold-down has damaged my bench top.
Hank: that is good to know. However, this was my accomplishment for the weekend, so don't rain on my parade
Smile  
Smile  
Smile

(03-30-2018, 02:33 PM)Hank Knight Wrote: I have used my Veritas hold-downs heavily for over ten years on a maple bench top. I see absolutely no evidence that the body of the hold-down has damaged my bench top.
That is a beautiful thing.