Woodpeckers is annoying me
(03-30-2018, 04:51 PM)Cecil Wrote: Stopping a sale after you have advertised it will get you in all kids of legal problems.
How so? Can you please explain?
Joseph Connors

The new Golden Rule .....
Those with the Gold make the rules!
(04-01-2018, 10:30 AM)Joe Connors Wrote: How so? Can you please explain?

I believe there are a couple of attorneys on here that can explain a lot better than me.  I did not look at the terms of their sale, but generally the advertisement specifies the length of time something is on sale.  For example a sale will run for the month of March.  Therefore, the sale price must be honored during that time frame.  If the product is advertised as "While supply lasts," then the sale is over when the supply is sold out.  In this case, it was not "while supply lasts," since they back-ordered the tool.  The Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) governs all this.  It has been years since I took contract law, but if I remember right, the state's laws must be at least as stringent as the federal UCC.  A corporation must honor it advertisement, with the exception of misprints.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Starrett quality is definitely hit or miss nowadays.  Has been true for at least 20 years. Especially true if they think the item is "cheap", which would be true of that t-square.
(04-01-2018, 09:30 AM)mad_planter Wrote: We really are a instant gratification society aren't we?  Any amount of waiting has become too much, yet often when we receive the product we couldn't live without that we needed yesterday we let it sit on the table for a week or two before we get around to working with it.

Yes. Then everyone beoytches about the number of trucks on the roads delivering all the *stuff*.
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I think the biggest problem here is the vendor is not managing expectations of when their product will be sent out when you order. Probably if the OP knew it would be a month before it arrived it wouldn't have been an issue.
I ordered direct from the factory because it seemed like more reliable way to get these.  There are many vendors that carry Woodpecker products.  I might have found someone with these in stock.

One vendor shows this (at least they are upfront about the delays):

Due to a high volume of back orders from the manufacturer, some orders may be delayed by as much as 10 - 12 weeks.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(03-30-2018, 10:31 AM)Cooler Wrote: It seems to me that if you are conducting a "sale" you should have product to sell.

I ordered a Powermatic air cleaner that was on sale. It took 5 months to be delivered. They haven't got a penny of my money since.
I found a terrific price on 8' T-12 bulbs on Amazon, and still haven't received them. It's been 2 months now. No big hurry as I can wait, but have a feeling the order will end up getting canceled.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-03-2018, 09:15 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: I found a terrific price on 8' T-12 bulbs on Amazon, and still haven't received them. It's been 2 months now. No big hurry as I can wait, but have a feeling the order will end up getting canceled.

They have stopped all production of T-12 bulbs as of July of 2014.  If it is on back order, my guess is that the inventory is gone and it is not coming. 

https://insights.regencylighting.com/the...nued-tubes

So, in 2009, the department [Department of Energy] announced the eventual phase out of the 1.5-inch-diameter fluorescent tubes. Production of the tubes would have to cease after July 14, 2012, the mandate said. Big-name manufacturers like Philips and Sylvania were granted two-year extensions on the deadline, but as soon as the phase out was announced, production began to decline, due to the impending restrictions, increased energy efficiency awareness, and emerging rebate programs targeting those with traditional T12 applications. 
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(04-03-2018, 10:52 AM)Cooler Wrote: They have stopped all production of T-12 bulbs as of July of 2014.  If it is on back order, my guess is that the inventory is gone and it is not coming. 

https://insights.regencylighting.com/the...nued-tubes

So, in 2009, the department [Department of Energy] announced the eventual phase out of the 1.5-inch-diameter fluorescent tubes. Production of the tubes would have to cease after July 14, 2012, the mandate said. Big-name manufacturers like Philips and Sylvania were granted two-year extensions on the deadline, but as soon as the phase out was announced, production began to decline, due to the impending restrictions, increased energy efficiency awareness, and emerging rebate programs targeting those with traditional T12 applications. 

While T-12 bulbs are no longer in production, they seem to be plentiful at the big box stores.  Undoubtedly, they ramped up production before the sunset date in order to allow large facility managers to stock up on replacement bulbs.  Here we are, nearly 6 years after the ban, and they are still available.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill