Who's your source for t-track?
I use Incra and Rockler.  I will have to check out these other sources.
Cooler,

I'm too lazy for all that work, man!
Semper fi,
Brad

(04-05-2018, 08:31 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Cooler,

I'm too lazy for all that work, man!

So you post here and hope other members will do the work for you?
Big Grin
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Nope. I'm not asking anybody to order it *for* me.

I'm not about to go through the nightmare of trying to order for many people, collect money, and ship it out to them.
Semper fi,
Brad

(04-05-2018, 11:39 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Nope.  I'm not asking anybody to order it *for* me.

I'm not about to go through the nightmare of trying to order for many people, collect money, and ship it out to them.
Gotcha.  

I suspect the extruder's minimum sale will be more than you require.  You can inquire though.  They probably supply some of the retailers with their extrusions.  

Rockler, Woodpeckers and others do not do the aluminum extruding in-house.  They are buying the extrusions.    

Anodized extrusions are superior to raw aluminum.  

The anodizing process penetrates the surface of the aluminum making it substantially harder.  It will make things slide in and out easier.  It will look way cooler too.  

Aluminum block car engines have a cast iron liner for wear.  But the race versions of those same engines has hard anodizing done on the cylinder walls after machining and no cast iron liner.  It is not a substitute for the cast iron liners, but it is hard enough to last a few races.  It allows better cooling also.  

So anodizing is a mechanical advantage as well as an aesthetic one.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
The stuff sold by Orange is anodized, also. It's just clear and not blue.
Semper fi,
Brad

WxMan--

Can you link that Amazon price? I'm seeing $14.97 for 48" lengths.

Even with free shipping, Rockler's universal is $28 per 48" piece. There's no way that's ever going to be cheaper than the others.
Semper fi,
Brad

(04-05-2018, 12:56 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: WxMan--

Can you link that Amazon price?  I'm seeing $14.97 for 48" lengths.

Even with free shipping, Rockler's universal is $28 per 48" piece.  There's no way that's ever going to be cheaper than the others.

Friends at LV offer some decent prices and they have the 'free shipping' thing going on.

T-Track

$12.35 for 4 footers if you order 3+ pieces.
(04-05-2018, 11:57 AM)Cooler Wrote: Gotcha.  

It will look way cooler too.  

Well that's the whole deal there. We gotta have cool.
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Big Grin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-05-2018, 12:56 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: WxMan--

Can you link that Amazon price?  I'm seeing $14.97 for 48" lengths.

Even with free shipping, Rockler's universal is $28 per 48" piece.  There's no way that's ever going to be cheaper than the others.

When I posted that the other day, I had the Amazon page open and it was right there..  $14.97 is the lowest price I see right now.

So order it, already........life is too short to quibble over $2.

Yes