Groovin' Baby!
This is the second article in a series I am doing on the Veritas Combination Plane. This is more about using this plane - and others like it - than a formal review. This article is about ploughing grooves, which were the main feature of this box

[Image: Veritas%20Combination%20Plane-grooves_html_3ae605c6.jpg]

The article is here:

http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ToolReviews...ooves.html

Have a happy Easter and Pesach! 

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(03-31-2018, 06:00 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: This is the second article in a series I am doing on the Veritas Combination Plane. This is more about using this plane - and others like it - than a formal review. This article is about ploughing grooves, which were the main feature of this box

[Image: Veritas%20Combination%20Plane-grooves_html_3ae605c6.jpg]

The article is here:

http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ToolReviews...ooves.html

Have a happy Easter and Pesach! 

Regards from Perth

Derek
Good job, Derek...Very informative...and I like your choice of music... 1967..I can't believe it has been that long !!!!!!!!!
Crazy
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Yes, 2nd the Wolf's thoughts; and one of my favorite tunes.

1/4" wood.... That's really pushing the proportions. Send a notice to Hack. 
Cool
Nicely done: just the project for a Sunday afternoon!
(03-31-2018, 11:46 AM),hbmcc Wrote: Yes, 2nd the Wolf's thoughts; and one of my favorite tunes.

1/4" wood.... That's really pushing the proportions. Send a notice to Hack. 
Cool

Bruce, 1/4" sounds too thin, and it does require a little more attention to avoid planing away too much. On the other hand, there is not much to plane, and it works quickly. 

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com