Pine Inventory
You need one of these on the feed to that pit, good work on that clean up just noticed the water tank with a standing pilot

[Image: image_26462.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Yep, I share the basement with a gas water heater, and a gas forced air furnace....and the Boss's laundry Room stuff.  
No   Plus, half the basement is storage for stuff....need to clear that out...sometime.    
Uhoh
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Hope the toasted spokeshave was restored ok! It sounds like something that would happen to me so forgive me for chuckling a little bit
Big Grin
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
Rehabbed spokeshave

Even rehabbed the sole..

iron is sharpened back up ( was needing it, anyway) and the logo..

Used a Gun Blue paste, instead of black paint.....had to take the item all the way back to bare metal....gun blue worked nicely.

been busy on the Rust Hunt Trail....maybe Tuesday, I can go back to making sawdust?
(04-14-2018, 03:02 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Yep, I share the basement with a gas water heater, and a gas forced air furnace....and the Boss's laundry Room stuff.  
No   Plus, half the basement is storage for stuff....need to clear that out...sometime.    
Uhoh

So how is the house hunting going for you?  So hope you get a nice big shop in the future.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Afraid we be stuck here for a while....unless something drastic happens.....Spent some time rehabbing one of the trophies from the shop clean up...
Winkgrin 

This is what was found...the Stanley #4 is for scale.....made about 1863 or so.   Just an old plough plane.    Was trying to use it a few years ago, got ticked off with it not hold a setting..tossed it into a corner....and decided to get a Stanley 45 instead...

Well..since this big clean-up..decided to try to fix it up, and see IF I can get it to work, again..

fence was broken, wedges were too small...handle was snapped off.....found a decent chunk of Maple for the handle, had a slab of Ash for the fence replacement...new wedges were made out of walnut....iron was sharpened up, and a groove cut in it to guide onto the skate...

Replacement fence needed a rebate planned, new bolts ( old, 1860 ones were shot) one of the arms needed fixed (  pedestal was cracked by one of the screws, re-glue) New wedges needed tuned all three of them.   One for the cutter needed thinned to match the cutter.  Two for the fence's arms needed to match the tapered holes.  Whew..
Rolleyes 

A new handle was cut out of the maple block, then ripped for thickness.   Shaped to match my hands better, and LOOK like a plane's rear handle.   Base of the handle fitted into a mortise.   At one time, it was dovetailed in....since worn out.   Rather than just relying on glue,  I added a screw to better hold the handle in place...
Winkgrin 

Once everything had been cleaned up, rebuilt, sharpened, and tuned up....and a coat of Golden Oak and a coat of Amber Shellac was brushed on....then the test drive.   Set the fence to 1/4" in from the edge. and ploughed a 1/4" wide groove.    There wasn't a depth stop on this plane, when it bottomed out, you were done.  
Winkgrin 

Shavings tend to spiral out the right side of the plane..making some nice curlies.   Not too bad, for an old Plough plane?  
Cool
Cool save, Bandit! But, but..... now the pine will have grooves. Plate display shelf, perhaps?
You did a swell job on rehabbing the plane!
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
That is a truly spectacular save on that plough plane.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
(04-18-2018, 09:39 AM)hbmcc Wrote: Cool save, Bandit! But, but..... now the pine will have grooves. Plate display shelf, perhaps?

Maybe needs a Match plane, to make a tongue & groove corner joint?
Winkgrin