Pine Inventory
(03-31-2018, 07:28 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: SNIP

" Do not go gently into that good night, rage rage against the dying of the light..."

ROCK ON!!!

That is a favorite 2 lines from Thomas. I can almost hear him recite it on an LP my dad tracked down when I was a boy.
Well..I am not one to sit around, and do nothing....picked a 1 x 10 x 4' of that "Birdseye Pine"  today....and a new wheel for the grinder.  Might get busy clearing a spot fo the new drill til..and maybe add a few things to it.   Like a topper....with a drawer or two?  

IF anyone wants a "starter" Scrollsaw...stop by and pick it up..Craftsman (Emerson) 13" tilting table. uses 5" PINNED blades.....I don't really use it, nor really need it....just in my way. 

Once a friend returns from "Down-under", I can go out and buy/trade for some more Ash, or Maple....and see what else I can cobble up. 

Awaiting results from the latest blood tests..Thyroid level is about half of what it should be.   Sent the DVD of the MRI of the head over to Columbus, OH. to the brain doctor's office.  BP looking good, heart rhythm is steady as a rock...no AFIB going on.  Old Infantry Knees keeping me from too much walking or running around.  Too many "Klicks" on them, I guess. 

Well, maybe after supper, I may go to the shop, and see what sort of "trouble" I can get into
Winkgrin
Uhoh
Rolleyes
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(04-02-2018, 06:35 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Well..I am not one to sit around, and do nothing....picked a 1 x 10 x 4' of that "Birdseye Pine"  today....and a new wheel for the grinder.  Might get busy clearing a spot fo the new drill til..and maybe add a few things to it.   Like a topper....with a drawer or two?  

IF anyone wants a "starter" Scrollsaw...stop by and pick it up..Craftsman (Emerson) 13" tilting table. uses 5" PINNED blades.....I don't really use it, nor really need it....just in my way. 

Once a friend returns from "Down-under", I can go out and buy/trade for some more Ash, or Maple....and see what else I can cobble up. 

Awaiting results from the latest blood tests..Thyroid level is about half of what it should be.   Sent the DVD of the MRI of the head over to Columbus, OH. to the brain doctor's office.  BP looking good, heart rhythm is steady as a rock...no AFIB going on.  Old Infantry Knees keeping me from too much walking or running around.  Too many "Klicks" on them, I guess. 

Well, maybe after supper, I may go to the shop, and see what sort of "trouble" I can get into
Winkgrin
Uhoh
Rolleyes
Cool

so who do you buy your wood from out there?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Just a friend of mine.   They are down visiting their Daughter and SIL in Sydney, AUS.   Be back here next month, I think.
Rolleyes    Has a woods around his house, and a friend with a bandsaw mill.
Cool   He harvests a tree, now and then.....then I can do a bit of trading, or buying...
Winkgrin

There are a few Amish Sawmills in the area....4 within 10 miles of my house...sometimes, they will sell lumber to us "English" guys...
Well good news
Winkgrin  Thyroid levels are back to normal....sugar level is a tad high, but not considered Diabetic..

April Monsoons have caused a small creek to run across the shop floor....will have to wait a few days, before I can do any shop work.  
No 

Kind of worn out, from all the road trips lately...
Rolleyes Might take a nap....
Sleep 

Maybe tomorrow, I can get into the shop, and the feet will stay dry
Confused   Might even make some sawdust, stay tuned
Don't let  your diagnosis get you down. Five years ago I was diagnosed with a rare auto immune condition called Devic's Disease. Nurse told me that I would more likely be totally blind and in a wheel chair by now. With proper treatment, I haven't lost a step and I even shot a hole-in-one a couple of years ago. And I'm only 44.

Mike

Rolleyes
Ok...floor of the shop has dried out....until the next round of storms.   Got the drill til installed
Winkgrin 

First, I had to clear away all the junk..
Rolleyes  

Move all the power toys to one end of the bench  
Rolleyes  

Then , install the til..  
Winkgrin 

The top shelf I added to the til....soon filled right up..
Rolleyes 

Most of the shop's squares, and a marking gauge...there are a pair of spokeshaves there, too.

Have a nice supply of Pine left...may add a few things to the Drill til...
Cool
Just an afternoon in the shop..
Winkgrin
The old drill til has found a new use..all the hammers in the shop right now are in the old drill til.
Cool

55gal. Trash bags have been bought  and one is now 1/2 filled with shavings and other stuff.   Doing a full Spring Cleaning of the shop.
Uhoh  

Anyone is welcome to drop by and help, of course
Winkgrin

Can't load any pictures?
Confused    Guess I'll end the story right here....
Upset

Third try....NADA.....
Upset
Angry
No
Confused Will come back if and when you get this fixed.....maybe
Sleep
Ok, just an update..
Uhoh  

Corner cleaned out, old bandsaw and stand move into it's new home....router table and stand will go in beside it...
Winkgrin  

As soon as I can clean it off.  Shop now has it's own trash can!
Cool  

Which promptly filled up..
Rolleyes  

Waiting on a non-windy day to take this to the firepit...and hope there isn't any more tools in the mess..
Uhoh  

Already have had to rehab a spokeshave I found IN the firepit
Upset

Been out rust hunting, since the "season" has opened around here.
Cool   later, I may start on a box build, out of that 3/8" thick Pine I have.  
Confused
May post a separate thread on the box build, and a rehab of the spokeshave?
Confused