Grab one before they're gone
Finally! A place setting for my workbench/dining table. I'm getting the whole kit (system).

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.as...75235&ap=1

Veritas must be appealing to the modern woodworker with a taste for plastic. But we can build a new case. Or, wait for Lee Valley to do it.
Yabbut - wasn't that last year's, too?
(04-01-2018, 11:18 AM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: Yabbut - wasn't that last year's, too?

No.  You might be thinking of the combination plane.
Well, I guess WoodCentral was ahead of its time, then: From last year
Lee Valley is clever - this April Fools tool is just off reality such that many are probably missing the joke and think it's a real tool offering - well done!
(04-01-2018, 01:28 PM)bandsaw Wrote: Lee Valley is clever - this April Fools tool is just off reality such that many are probably missing the joke and think it's a real tool offering - well done!

Over at Saw Mill Creek Rob Lee wrote they make real tools this year instead of a foll tool.

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?...ost2797111

Cheers
Pedder
Now all Rob has to worry about is a strike. A No-Fun-Strike. Anyone ordering on 4-1-18 will receive a box of bubble wrap and appropriately sized stone.

I thought that gauge looked familiar. Let's recycle another good one next year. Maybe, the Swiss Army Knife System. Have a special apron to fit.
Huh.

Consider me fooled!

Well, I'm glad they're busy making real tools, anyhow.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
April fools?
Sheesh...
I thought it was cool. 
No
Couldn't see replacing my existing veritas marking gauge... but I could use the light with my vision .... 
Big Grin
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
There is a broad line between practicality and gummy bear silliness. The LV April jokes played in that line. They were crossing midpoint and, tickling the Rockler-type useless and almost useless gizmos.