Removing Shutter Loc Fasteners
We have vinyl sidi ng and shutters.  On one side of the house there are two shutters that have faded and my wife would like to repaint them.  They are hung with a barbed fastener that appears to be a shutter loc fastener.  From what I have found these fssteners are not removeable or reusesble and need to be cut off snd drilled out.  Is this the only method or is there a trick I am missing?
Rick

YouTube
well, that youtube video doesn't really show how to "remove" them, rather just destroying them!  haha

I repainted mine last year and couldn't find the original color, so I just bought black ones and painted the head of a bunch of shutter loc's while painting the shutters.
I removed mine by pulling them out, and not cutting the heads off-- i just used pliers to yank them out--needless to say the originals were pretty mangled, so replacing was mandatory.

Colin
(04-04-2018, 08:15 AM)joe1086 Wrote: YouTube

Perfect - thanks

Rick
Rick