Shark Gaurd for the Excalibur
Last year in a thread about Shark Guards, I and others were musing about mot being able to get the Shark basket for the Excalibur overarm guard. Lee had chimed in saying he would be happy to make some more if folks wanted. I ordered one (and I believe some others did as well) and got it some time later. However, I was between shops as the new wasn't ready to set up the saw so I couldn't post back with pics of it. I was finally able to get my saw and DC set up this past couple of months (it's taken 2 years to get to this point) and got things working. With the new shop I went ahead and changed my DC from the Oneida I've criticized for the past 11 years to a CV, with a 16" impeller. I'm pulling air from the saw with a 4" cabinet connection and 4" hooked to the Excalibur. Well, air flow is so strong that it will suck the insert out of the saw, so I may have to address that, but the basket is a joy to have a works better (sliding over the wood being fed) than the OEM. Many thanks to Lee for making some more. Here's a pic of it:
[Image: basket_copy.jpg]
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Can you share his contact info?  I'd love to get one of these for my Excalibur.
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Nice.
I just got a Jet cabinet saw, and the factory guard is a PITA. Been looking at the SharkGuard and will pull the trigger in the next few weeks.
Klaz, here it is: linky

Scoony, I had a regular Shark on my Unisaw before I bought this Excalibur (second hand). The Ex replaced the Shark and I did like it as much as the Shark Guard. I threatened to switch things back to the Shark when I sold the Uni...the Shark went with it. They (Shark Guard) are really nice.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Table saw ripping or cutting sheet goods is straight forward with a guard

Cross cutting with the miter gauge is where guards get tossed

Using the saw's miter gauge with a 2" high wood fence to support the work piece and avoid tear out

Would this guard work and just lift over?

Also, how would you deal with cutting thin strips where the saw fence is 1/4 inch from the blade?

Thanks
(04-05-2018, 11:38 AM)bandsaw Wrote: Table saw ripping or cutting sheet goods is straight forward with a guard

Cross cutting with the miter gauge is where guards get tossed

Using the saw's miter gauge with a 2" high wood fence to support the work piece and avoid tear out

Would this guard work and just lift over?

Also, how would you deal with cutting thin strips where the saw fence is 1/4 inch from the blade?

Thanks

The factory guard on the Jet makes cross cuts a pain. I had to shorten the fence and make a bevel cut so it would clear the flat/blunt front edge of the guard.  Looks like the Shark has a roller as well as rounded front that will not impede cross cutting with a taller fence.
(04-05-2018, 02:12 PM)Scoony Wrote: The factory guard on the Jet makes cross cuts a pain. I had to shorten the fence and make a bevel cut so it would clear the flat/blunt front edge of the guard.  Looks like the Shark has a roller as well as rounded front that will not impede cross cutting with a taller fence.

Just ordered my Excalibur guard from Lee.  Quick responses from Lee and hope to have it in a week or so.
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV