deck lighting
So, I'm wondering how this project came out.  My wife is having a work party at our house in 1 month and asked that I get the deck lights put in that I had promised 3 years ago.
My only recommendation is to make your own custom lengths, splice them together using solder and heat shrink, and connect them to a transformer. (Wire-nuts and G.E. silicone will work in a pinch if they'll be hidden.) I would use a $5 photocell to shut off line voltage during daylight hours. You could just steal some power from an outside light but the stairs might not be lit when you really need them to be.

I've previously posted a few replies to "LED strip light" threads. There's two on this thread https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...pid7612960 The second one has some guide lines to follow and a few tips to avoid having to learn the hard way. Hope they help. If you don't understand any part of them please just ask for clarification because chances are good that others may have the same questions.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(05-12-2018, 11:29 AM)carwashguy Wrote: So, I'm wondering how this project came out.  My wife is having a work party at our house in 1 month and asked that I get the deck lights put in that I had promised 3 years ago.

It's definitely on the list of things to do, but I'm not sure I'll have it done anytime in the next 5 years, to be honest.  So let us know how yours turns out
Smile