#4 Stanley done
Here are before and after photos of a #4 I just finished. I cleaned it up and stripped it using #80 glass beads in the bead blaster. New jappaning was added. The sides were ground parallel and perpendicular to the sole. The sole was ground to less than .001 before assembly. Everything was polished and new finish on the knob and tote.

[Image: 41259076212_16899c2088_k.jpg]

[Image: 40383651905_f1368bf6f4_k.jpg]
BAT

A man wearing a helmet defending our nation should make more money than a man wearing a helmet playing games!
They certainly clean up well don't they.  But you forgot the fresh shavings money shot...
Smile
(04-07-2018, 06:25 PM)Strokes77 Wrote: They certainly clean up well don't they.  But you forgot the fresh shavings money shot...
Smile

I haven't gotten around to sharpening the blade yet. Three surgeries since the end of February have left me without a lot of energy or strength even though they were not major. At 70 I am no spring chicken anymore so I have to be careful. Tomorrow's gonna be better though. I have also been in the middle of rerouting some copper air line for my powder coating gun.
BAT

A man wearing a helmet defending our nation should make more money than a man wearing a helmet playing games!
That looks tooooo nice! Ding it up a bit.
Smirk
Great job!! That was a pretty rough example you started with.
Great job and outstanding pictures.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
(04-08-2018, 10:45 PM)JimReed@Tallahassee Wrote: Great job and outstanding pictures.

Thanks, I am really an amature when it comes to pictures. Really I am an amature when it comes to handplanes.
BAT

That's a really nice rehab!