My Move Is Complete
We closed on our home in Orlando this past Thursday. Household goods delivered on Friday. Boxes are everywhere and the garage is a mess. Now if I can just find which boxes have which tools! It’s nice to be in a house and not in a hotel.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Awesome. Good luck on getting a "shop" set up.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Congratulations on the new digs!
(04-08-2018, 08:45 AM)AHill Wrote: We closed on our home in Orlando this past Thursday. Household goods delivered on Friday.  Boxes are everywhere and the garage is a mess. Now if I can just find which boxes have which tools!  It’s nice to be in a house and not in a hotel.

As a former full time Florida resident for many years and now Florida snowbird, welcome to Florida.  If you are in the Gainesville area anytime between mid October and mid April (except December) let me know and we can grab a beer, coffee or whatever is appropriate to the time of day.  Ken
(04-08-2018, 08:45 AM)AHill Wrote: We closed on our home in Orlando this past Thursday. Household goods delivered on Friday.  Boxes are everywhere and the garage is a mess. Now if I can just find which boxes have which tools!  It’s nice to be in a house and not in a hotel.

Congratulations!

One of my disappointments was that work stopped sending me to Dryden/Armstrong about the time that I saw some of your woodworking here.

I hope that your unpacking goes well.

FWIW, I am very fond of the milkshakes at Freddy's and their burgers and onion rings are good as well. The family is fond of Culver's. Both places do custard ice cream. There is a reasonable chance that the family and I will wind up at one of those 2 chain locations in your area on Friday 4/20.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Thumbs Up 
Congratulations, Allan. The hard part is done; now you can take some time and get situated. You'll be making chips and sawdust soon.
(04-08-2018, 09:46 AM)Ken Vick Wrote: As a former full time Florida resident for many years and now Florida snowbird, welcome to Florida.  If you are in the Gainesville area anytime between mid October and mid April (except December) let me know and we can grab a beer, coffee or whatever is appropriate to the time of day.  Ken

Will definitely keep that in mind, Ken.  My daughter starts HS next year and is leaning toward Univ of Florida.  I have a feeling I'll be making more than one trip up that way.  I took a trip to our local Woodcraft yesterday.  Nice store, with knowledgeable staff.  They have more than the average WC here, which is nice.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Welcome to the land of liquid sunshine.
It’s currently pouring here near Melbourne.
I’m about 30 minutes south of Gainesville.

Sounds like we need another WN FL BBQ.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(04-08-2018, 08:45 AM)AHill Wrote: Now if I can just find which boxes have which tools!  

Good luck with that.  I labeled everything, and still had stuff missing.
Welcome to Florida.
 I liked Orlando when we were there.

I'm just about 1,400 miles west of you, so stop by if you're out driving around.
Big Grin