Shop Door Hinges
My shop doors (double door) swing outward which means that the hinge pins are exposed and easily removed. I can replace them with non-removable pin hinges for better security. I've also seen hinges with a security pin that keeps the door in place if the hinge pin is removed. Is there anything better for this purpose?
Outward opening doors are considered more resistant to break in than inward opening. Just replace the hinges with modern exterior door hinges from depot or lowes etc. They have a pin stamped into them already so even if you remove the hinge pines the door won't come off. 

But in your case with French doors there isn't much to be done security wise without a heavy duty set of pins on the inside that go down into the floor and up into the door frame like commercial doors have.  

The bigger issue with security isn't hinges it's the door frame as its the weakest link. Outward opening doors you can't kick them in like inward because there is support all around the edge of the door. Inward doors(single) you need to add a steel plate to the frame that the deadbolt goes through that is bolted to the framing or welded to the steel of a metal building. And there needs to be support on the hinge side as well. On a wood framed building there can be no air space between the frame and framing so fill it up with plywood and run at least 4" preferably 5 or 6" strong screws in the hinges. On a metal building weld a plate to the 2x2 steel so it's flat against the frame and then bolt the hinges to it. 

Even if you do all this you are still only keeping the honest people and the local kids out. Short of roll up security doors or a heavy steel door there isn't much else you can do.
Robert,

My doors are metal and one is closed almost all the time with dead bolts top and bottom to secure it. The other door latches to it with one of these . Each door has three normal (interior) hinges. The spaces between the door frame and jam are filled and long screws are in place fastening the hinges. However, the hinges do not have fixed pins. So, I'm thinking of replacing them. I don't have any serious security concerns. Just taking care of the easy and obvious.
This company seems to have the answers:  http://www.renovation-headquarters.com/h...urity.html

I like this one.  You might be able to convert your current hinge with a drill and a tap and a tiny set screw, but buying new hinges sounds easier.

http://www.renovation-headquarters.com/h...urity.html

http://www.renovation-headquarters.com/i...-hinge.png

The hinge pin is still removable but can be locked in place with a set screw.

And while you are at it a security hasp is a good idea too:

https://www.masterlock.com/business-use/...ccessories

[Image: MLCOM_PRODUCT_A800.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I like the set screw idea. Easy to do without buying new hinges.
I think I'll stay with the lock I have unless I find that it is not as secure as I think it is.
Thanks
(04-10-2018, 05:45 PM)Willyou Wrote: I like the set screw idea. Easy to do without buying new hinges.
I think I'll stay with the lock I have unless I find that it is not as secure as I think it is.
Thanks

Can you just tack weld the pin in place ?    Roly
(04-10-2018, 06:31 PM)Roly Wrote:  Can you just tack weld the pin in place ?    Roly

I did think about doing that. However, I like the set screw because the pin is still removable making it easier to remove the doors without unscrewing the hinges. In addition to putting in the set screw, I think I will also file a flat spot (notch) on the pin to make it more difficult to force the pin past the set screw.
(04-12-2018, 11:13 AM)Willyou Wrote: I did think about doing that. However, I like the set screw because the pin is still removable making it easier to remove the doors without unscrewing the hinges. In addition to putting in the set screw, I think I will also file a flat spot (notch) on the pin to make it more difficult to force the pin past the set screw.

The only hinges I have seen with a set screw are commercial hinges. Very pricey but they are ball bearing hinges and once you have ball bearing hinges you want them everywhere. I ordered our front door with them and it's so nice and smooth compared to sloppy regular hinges. 

There are hardened studs you can get to replace one of the hinge screws but you have to remove the opposing one for the stud to have a spot. Around $10 a set. 
     The borgs have the hinges with non removable pins and the tab that is stamped into it that does the same thing but I prefer the pin. 

This all reminds me I need to replace the door on the shop and get a metal frame for it...
Drill a couple of holes in the jam that has the hinges and put metal pins in, so it stickes out a 1/2 inch or so.
Drill corresponding holes in the jam edge
of the door. Door holes would have to be over sized, or wallowed out a bit, for the pin, as the door swings closed.
The pins will keep door in place if hinge pins are removed.
I think just 1/4" brass pins would work.
They only have to prevent someone from pulling that edge of the door out. With nothing to hold on to.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer