I tried to stop. Honest I did
Dave, I'm about to move to the Left Coast so I'd be happy to unburden you of those dusty and musty old things free of charge on my way out!

Incredible score especially that 51/52 SW. Any chance of a set of rule joint planes in those woodies?
Words fail me.

And that doesn't happen to me a whole lot.

That's the best haul I've seen on this forum in a long time!

I'd love to see more pictures of the tool chest itself, too.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop

Big eek  what did you do to have people calling you to come get their awesome tools?
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(04-15-2018, 04:16 PM)alanealane Wrote:
Big eek  what did you do to have people calling you to come get their awesome tools?

I used to go to a LOT of estate sales. After a while, the people running the sales started asking me to come and price the tools for them. Now, if they get approached to just sell the tools, the refer the people to me. My woodworking club also refers people to me.

Steve- Here are some pics of the chest. Its huge.
[Image: PsnbWqum.jpg][Image: ZPViLerm.jpg][Image: gOoqc3km.jpg]
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
(04-19-2018, 08:23 AM)DaveParkis Wrote: I used to go to a LOT of estate sales. After a while, the people running the sales started asking me to come and price the tools for them. Now, if they get approached to just sell the tools, the refer the people to me. My woodworking club also refers people to me.
Great buy Dave.
It does take a lot of time to hunt down opportunities, and estate sales are incredibly time consuming, you often travel a long way to some of them and it takes a lot of work as well to build a reputation as both knowledgeable and trustworthy to those who run the sales - I'm glad for you that is paying off.  Most don't understand the amount of work involved when they drool at the results.  But I'm sure you wouldn't have it any other way as there's a lot of satisfaction in finding great tools.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(04-19-2018, 11:48 AM)Admiral Wrote: Great buy Dave.
It does take a lot of time to hunt down opportunities, and estate sales are incredibly time consuming, you often travel a long way to some of them and it takes a lot of work as well to build a reputation as both knowledgeable and trustworthy to those who run the sales - I'm glad for you that is paying off.  Most don't understand the amount of work involved when they drool at the results.  But I'm sure you wouldn't have it any other way as there's a lot of satisfaction in finding great tools.

Just like hunting. Some trips are better than others, but they all satisfy. Dave and Rich both truly do work hard at it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mwaaaahaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

It has arrived.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com