Travertine deck drainage question
We're having our pool redone, we had a travertine deck installed.  Under the deck is 4" PVC that is tied into our roof gutter/downspouts.    Along the way, it picks up water coming from the deck (center drains). 

After a rain or when I pour water in the drain system, I can look in the drains (no strainers/covers yet installed) and see standing water.  Water does drain out, but not all of it.

Is that a problem?  I'm worried about mosquitos finding the water in the drain lines.

Once the pipe is laid and the crushed stone and sand is placed and compacted, does that throw off the ability for the water to drain properly? 

In other words, does the compaction mess with the angle of the pipe?

Any help or insight on this is appreciated.

chris.
Some water in the pipe will be normal. The design of the fittings tends to hold some water etc. In an ideal setting the slope of that pipe would go down hill all the way but in real life often some may be level vs sloped due to what's under the pipe, overall length of the run etc.

I need to put in drain pipes from our gutters here and one of them will have an issue that will cause some standing water because it has to cross the sewer line which is around the same depth. The sewer line is only a few inches below grade where is exits the house and not even 3' deep at the main and the sewer line comes out from the back of the house and around to the front. So definitely one of those instances where it may have a little standing water due to other issues unless you go with a pit and a sump pump.
I'm wondering if you might be seeing something of little or no concern. If you are looking into the opening where a cover or grate would normally be and see a box like structure with a pipe coming in on one side and going out on the other (or just one going out), it might be normal to see the bottom of that structure lower than the bottom of the pipe. It would hold some water. If that is the case it is normal and is done to capture sediment and other trash before it gets into the pipe. This sediment will need to be cleaned out at least seasonally. I'm not sure what the potential is for mosquitoes. I would guess that regular use of the pool and cleaning of the deck would prevent them. If it becomes a problem, the bottom sump could be filled with mortar up to the bottom of the pipes.
Being that mosquitoes take something like 1-1/2 to 2 weeks from egg to adult, I would think the occasional rain or hose use would keep it flushed out enough to avoid it being a breeding ground.  And that's assuming it doesn't dry out first.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
There might be a possibility of the clog in your pipe due to some foreign waste materials other than the reason of compaction of crushed sand and stone. To get sure what is the main issue which is letting the water to stand still, ether you can consult drain repair service NJ, who are well-known plumbing contractors. Or else, you can also choose to go with some local worth hiring drain cleaners to clear the clog of a pipe. Hope this can help you out in reaching to some solution. Good luck.