Anarchist toolchest, Rust, and a goldenrod
Well, I installed the goldenrod about an hour ago. I'll let you guys know if it catches my Toolchest on fire ?
In the meantime
Rolleyes ...go watch Paul  Sellers build a "rag in a can"  oiler.   He wipes all metal tools down with it, before they are put away.  Just a small empty can, he stuffs a rag into it, then soaks the rag in a light oil..3in1 works nicely.
Winkgrin    Leaves the can on the bench.  
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I've heard years ago that "used" engine oil was really good for this type of thing, because it has a certain amount of acid in it and it "bites" into the metal better than clean oil. I've also been told it might not be good for my health. You pick your poison.
I've been using the rag-in-a-can method with some synthetic motor oil on my tools. It works great. My "shop" is climate-controlled some of the year, except when it's nice and the windows are open. Very few rust problems thus far.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
I installed a 30 or 36" goldenrod in my poplar tool chest 2 or 3 years ago.  It is warmish/hot to the touch, but not enough to cause a fire.  At least not yet.  I live in humid Georgia, basement shop, and this has been very effective at preventing rust.  The only negative is that the wood parts need to be tightened up here and there and it does take up a little room at the bottom back of my tool chest.  I should have done this years ago.
After roughly a week it seems to not be causing a fire. Thanks for the reassurance. So far so good, though my humidity in the toolbox in my detached garage isn't as low as I would like, surely it is helping. It's staying around 60%.