Slab on grade plumbing
My daughters fairly new cookie cutter is slab on grade. The plumber... His first home for this builder...must of ran something wrong. The hot water to the first floor bath which happens to be closest to the HWH takes forever to bring in the hot water. Upstairs one bath still drips rust after 2 yrs. the rust is occasional and seems to simply fall out of the faucet. How does one trouble shot plumbing that's buried in the concrete. Thanks
If it's a fairly new house the only water supply lines under the slab will be the cold water feed to the house. All the rest of the water lines are run through the framing now. 

No telling how they ran the water lines. I would see if there was any way I could feed that bathroom from somewhere else. Kind of a hack thing but without tearing walls apart or possibly slab etc...
Here for slab on grade they may run the main water line under the house, and the main waste stack. That's part of the site prep before they start pouring slabs. Everything else is run through framing. IME, there is no troubleshooting plumbing run through the slab. 2 years ago my sister had a leak in the main coming from the town, it ran under her slab. We just ran a new line around the house from the meter.
Thanks all. They have a 10 month inspection with the builder coming up and this is on the list. Just want to have some info so they don't try to bs her and sil. Both are pretty good at diy. Plumbing though not so much. This is in the Charolette area. I can't grasp where all these people work. Housing can't keep up with demand. It's down right scary
(04-11-2018, 07:55 PM)whatline Wrote: Thanks all.  They have a 10 month inspection with the builder coming up and this is on the list. Just want to have some info so they don't try to bs her and sil. Both are pretty good at diy. Plumbing though not so much. This is in the Charolette area. I can't grasp where all these people work. Housing can't keep up with demand. It's down right scary

The easy alternative would be a pump but that's another maintenence cost and they do waste energy. 

We are looking at moving to the Charlotte rough area(probably closer to Gaffney). The housing prices are better there than here in DFW. Course we are not looking in the city, not sure why anyone would want to live in a city... Course the taxes are a good bit higher overall In nc and sc than they are here but the roads are way nicer than the ones in tx. Those goofy personal property taxes are a killer.
As far as the rust I think you will find a short nipple or other iron fitting close to the faucet that expels the rust.   Roly
SW FL. In our 1 story house, the plumbing is run thru the attic,bthen down in walls to fixtures.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I agree with you rolly.