1 and 1/4" x 8 TPI bolt
I need a source for a bolt to match my lathe spindle threads. I've been googling and searching and have found nothing. Any help appreciated. Thanks!!

I'll check my local auto parts store when I go out today.
(04-12-2018, 07:22 AM)hairy Wrote: I need a source for a bolt to match my lathe spindle threads. I've been googling and searching and have found nothing. Any help appreciated. Thanks!!

1 1/4" x 8 TPI is a standard thread. Suggest you find a bolt store (Fastenal)  Ask for a ASTM A193 -B7 stud or any other industrial supply store These are used in heavy piping systems and are a common bolt.

8 – Thread Series (8UN) is the specified thread forming method for several ASTM standards including A193 B7, A193 B8/B8M, and A320.

Hope this helps
Greg
(04-12-2018, 07:40 AM)Oldwood2409 Wrote: 1 1/4" x 8 TPI is a standard thread. Suggest you find a bolt store (Fastenal)  Ask for a ASTM A193 -B7 stud or any other industrial supply store These are used in heavy piping systems and are a common bolt.

8 – Thread Series (8UN) is the specified thread forming method for several ASTM standards including A193 B7, A193 B8/B8M, and A320.

Hope this helps
Greg

Or is it a Acme thread which I suspect.    Roly
(04-12-2018, 07:43 AM)Roly Wrote: Or is it a Acme thread which I suspect.    Roly

No, is not an ACME thread.
(04-12-2018, 07:22 AM)hairy Wrote: I need a source for a bolt to match my lathe spindle threads. I've been googling and searching and have found nothing. Any help appreciated. Thanks!!

1-14" x 8 tpi UN thread. I know what it is, I need to find it. Can't find it locally.

Fastenal was 1 of the 1st places I looked. 

Thanks!!
(04-12-2018, 10:27 AM)hairy Wrote: 1-14" x 8 tpi UN thread. I know what it is, I need to find it. Can't find it locally.

Fastenal was 1 of the 1st places I looked. 

Thanks!!

Hey hairy,  use the spindle adapter that you already have and get a 3/4" x 10 tpi bolt at Home Depot.

Thanks, fellas!
Hairy

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/34133

Hope this is what you are looking for
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(04-12-2018, 11:48 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Hairy

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/34133

Hope this is what you are looking for

Thanks, Arlin. I was at fastenal's webpage and searched every combination of 1-1/4" x 8 TPI that I could think of, and found nothing.

I have what I need. Thanks all!