lathe into a disk sander
Three layers of 1x12 pine glued up is three directions to eliminate stress or shifting.  So I guess it would be 12 o clock 3 o clock and the 4:30 o clock positions.  The thickness helps keep it stable also.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(04-17-2018, 11:45 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Three layers of 1x12 pine glued up is three directions to eliminate stress or shifting.  So I guess it would be 12 o clock 3 o clock and the 4:30 o clock positions.  The thickness helps keep it stable also.

Did you finish the wood with anything to keep the PSA paper from ripping up the grain when removed?
Peter

My "day job"
Three coats of shellac and it sticks pretty good but also comes off when needed.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
One of the reasons I kept an old 10er Shop Smith was for the 12" disc sander.
I like having a miter slot. Use the miter gauge, and sand at 0 deg. or other angles.
Nice feature is, the disc can be moved. Think horizontal drill press.
With a quill stop set, you can use it to sand to a set length or width.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Sorry it took so long to find this.

Here is the first of four parts I did for the 2sand.com blog on building a lathe disk sander.
You can find all four parts between Feb and May 2011

Lathe Disk Sander
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(04-25-2018, 12:23 PM)handi Wrote: Sorry it took so long to find this.

Here is the first of four parts I did for the 2sand.com blog on building a lathe disk sander.
You can find all four parts between Feb and May 2011

Lathe Disk Sander

Thank you very much.
Peter

My "day job"