Any realtors in the house?
Thanks for the thoughts everyone. I got pretty busy over the weekend and didn’t have a chance to check back in. It sounds pretty unanimous that the more of a modern clean look I can get the better off I will be. Well, I have 2.5 years before I have to move so I will take it one room at a time. One thing I can’t quite get my mind around is how does gray work with hardwood maple floors? My entire house is hardwood maple floors (except the stairs) and I will need to redo them before sale also. I also have some kind of maple cabinets. I guess they can be painted. I want to rearrange them a little also so I would probably have to get new countertops (currently laminate). Do granite countertops pay off? A lot of little decisions to make. I will probably pest you here quite a bit in the coming months. Glad you are available.

Pedro
I miss nested quotes..........
(04-16-2018, 02:08 PM)thooks Wrote: Granite Counter tops
Farmhouse sink
Oil Rubbed bronze plumbing faucets
Giant (takes forever to clean) shower with 3 shower heads
Like Snipe said, greys/whites (Clean look is "in", neutral tones are out)
Granite
Farm sink
Doesn't matter what condition HVAC is in
Updated baths
Granite
Farm sink
Greys/White
Great landscaping
Don't worry about HVAC, water heater, whether bath fans work
Granite
Farm Sink
New appliances, French Door fridge
Pot filler over stove (but we never cook, are gluten free)

Funny me personally I am pretty much the opposite of that list especially the gluten free,  no celiac disease here. I prefer a solid house from a systems side, as I'd rather do the cosmetic part... 

I have a spot for a pot filler in our kitchen but man are they pricey. The oil rubbed bronze thing was popular y here about 10 years ago but it's fading now and seems nothing is special at the moment.
(04-16-2018, 02:35 PM)PedroOhare Wrote: One thing I can’t quite get my mind around is how does gray work with hardwood maple floors?

Then go with white cabinets. White also makes the rooms look bigger.

Even though gray is really blues and purples with a lot of white added, it looks fine with maple floors. The White trim sets it off.

Make sure you hold the two color samples next to each other because sometimes whites have a degree of yellow, red or green in them (Ford White has green in it for instance). You don't want it to cash with the blues in the gray. You'll be able to see it by holding the color samples together. If the paint store has three color combination sample cards (color chips) (like the Martha Stewart colors), pick a gray from one of those and use the recommended white on the same card.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Locally, houses are selling like hot cakes. The KCK area is more price oriented than look. Houses are cheap enough for buyers to be able to remodel/etc. to get what they want.

We have sold two houses where all we did was unclutter. The good real estate agent we finally found(in each case) had buyers in mind for the type of house we were selling.
[Image: N5lYqNT.jpg]

Gray with white trim and maple floors
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS