I am one happy camper!
About a year ago I was busy selling off tools and hardwood in preparation for a move to Florida. I moved from a 16 by 34 basement shop to one half of a two-car garage for my new shop here in Florida. I received some wise guidance from one of my close friends in Ohio, who is also AdamR here on Woodnet. He advised that I keep my MiniMax S45 band saw and DW 735 with spiral head as I would probably get more use from them in my garage shop.

One of the most difficult-to-accept tasks was selling off my stash of cherry, walnut, maple, oak, and other woods, and since arriving here in Florida, I've just not found a source for any type of hardwoods except for Poplar at Lowes. Well, at a church dinner several weeks ago, some new-found friends told me about a millwork shop about 25 minutes from my house where I could order any type of hardwood. I went there on Tuesday hoping to purchase some wood only to find out that they do not keep any wood on stock for woodworkers to buy off the shelf. They did make me aware of the fact that they sold "shorts" from their workshop and that it was sold by the pallet only. I made a commitment to take one, and today I received a call that my pallet of wood was ready to pick up.

I purchased the pallet of wood unseen, then went to the storage area to look at what I purchased. The pallet was about 4x4x4 and loaded with cabinet quality pieces of mahogany, QSWO, maple, some exotics, and poplar(which I need for a project I'm working on just now). I was only able to get about 2/3 of the pile into my Audi Q5, and believe me it's packed in. The cost - $53.50 with tax. Folks, I'm loaded with project wood now. LIFE IS GOOD!
(04-13-2018, 04:42 PM)lilrichard2 Wrote: About a year ago I was busy selling off tools and hardwood in preparation for a move to Florida. I moved from a 16 by 34 basement shop to one half of a two-car garage for my new shop here in Florida. I received some wise guidance from one of my close friends in Ohio, who is also AdamR here on Woodnet. He advised that I keep my MiniMax S45 band saw and DW 735 with spiral head as I would probably get more use from them in my garage shop.

One of the most difficult-to-accept tasks was selling off my stash of cherry, walnut, maple, oak, and other woods, and since arriving here in Florida, I've just not found a source for any type of hardwoods except for Poplar at Lowes. Well, at a church dinner several weeks ago, some new-found friends told me about a millwork shop about 25 minutes from my house where I could order any type of hardwood. I went there on Tuesday hoping to purchase some wood only to find out that they do not keep any wood on stock for woodworkers to buy off the shelf. They did make me aware of the fact that they sold "shorts" from their workshop and that it was sold by the pallet only. I made a commitment to take one, and today I received a call that my pallet of wood was ready to pick up.

I purchased the pallet of wood unseen, then went to the storage area to look at what I purchased. The pallet was about 4x4x4 and loaded with cabinet quality pieces of mahogany, QSWO, maple, some exotics, and poplar(which I need for a project I'm working on just now). I was only able to get about 2/3 of the pile into my Audi Q5, and believe me it's packed in. The cost - $53.50 with tax. Folks, I'm loaded with project wood now. LIFE IS GOOD!

With the exception of not having pictures ... sounds like a GLOAT to me.

Thanks for sharing!
(04-13-2018, 04:56 PM)BpB123 Wrote: With the exception of not having pictures ... sounds like a GLOAT to me.

Thanks for sharing!

Good for you, good Doctor!  Repotting oneself is a challenge, but has its benefits.  One finds a way to make things work, sometimes better, upon said repotting....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(04-13-2018, 04:42 PM)lilrichard2 Wrote: About a year ago I was busy selling off tools and hardwood in preparation for a move to Florida. I moved from a 16 by 34 basement shop to one half of a two-car garage for my new shop here in Florida. I received some wise guidance from one of my close friends in Ohio, who is also AdamR here on Woodnet. He advised that I keep my MiniMax S45 band saw and DW 735 with spiral head as I would probably get more use from them in my garage shop.

Welcome to Florida! 

Not really close to you, but in Sarasota is Advantage Trim and Lumber. A great Lumber yard. They do urban forresting, so have a lot of guilt free exotics!
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Nice score!!! It's also gotta be nice to know that you have not only found a regular source of nice stuff, but at a price that seems really good to me.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Sounds like a "you suck" to me.......
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(04-13-2018, 04:56 PM)BpB123 Wrote: With the exception of not having pictures ... sounds like a GLOAT to me.

Thanks for sharing!

Maybe he's so  
      he forgot the pics.
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I'm a relatively new arrival to Central Florida (Orlando).  I fortunately was able to bring my entire wood stash here, so I'm fixed for awhile.  Unfortunately, I'm downsizing my shop because I don't have the same work space I did when in SoCal, and HOA restrictions don't allow sheds on the property.  I did notice while driving down here, that there's a lot of forestry and mills in the panhandle, so don't give up.  Sounds like your patience paid off.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
If you look at CL materials and search lumber and/or slabs, you’ll also find a number of smaller sawmills.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.

Welcome to the Best area of FL! If you need furniture grade lumber there's a guy over here in Pensacola that sells a lot of lumber from his backyard shed. If he doesn't have it he can order it in for you. It's Peeples Exotic Woods. The only thing he doesn't carry are any plywood products.
Furniture...The Art of a Furnituremaker

Earl Kelly