Competed Plane Till
Finally had time to start/finish a plane till.  This has been a project that has been in my to do list for a long time.   Wood is pine.  I tried to stain it to make it look more aged but didnt like the result.  I ended up sanding it all down and starting over.  Not a lot of planes but they help me get the job done.  I am still waiting for my backordered shooting plane to fill in the left side of the till.  Just now trying this picture attaching that is now embedded on this site, nice.    Thanks for looking.

That looks really nice! I was going to ask about the "attachment" method you used but the image blew-up extra big when I looked below this message box. 

So, the big question is: Do you have to quit collecting planes now that the till is full?
(04-17-2018, 03:12 PM)hbmcc Wrote: That looks really nice! I was going to ask about the "attachment" method you used but the image blew-up extra big when I looked below this message box. 

So, the big question is: Do you have to quit collecting planes now that the till is full?

Well done.  Functional and nice looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(04-17-2018, 02:34 PM)deeno Wrote: Finally had time to start/finish a plane till.  This has been a project that has been in my to do list for a long time.   Wood is pine.  I tried to stain it to make it look more aged but didnt like the result.  I ended up sanding it all down and starting over.  Not a lot of planes but they help me get the job done.  I am still waiting for my backordered shooting plane to fill in the left side of the till.  Just now trying this picture attaching that is now embedded on this site, nice.    Thanks for looking.

Nice I have been wanting to build one of these but I can't figure out how big to make it
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(04-17-2018, 05:04 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Nice I have been wanting to build one of these but I can't figure out how big to make it

Yup, I'm wrestling with the same question
Crazy
Peter

My "day job"
(04-17-2018, 02:34 PM)deeno Wrote: Finally had time to start/finish a plane till.  This has been a project that has been in my to do list for a long time.   Wood is pine.  I tried to stain it to make it look more aged but didnt like the result.  I ended up sanding it all down and starting over.  Not a lot of planes but they help me get the job done.  I am still waiting for my backordered shooting plane to fill in the left side of the till.  Just now trying this picture attaching that is now embedded on this site, nice.    Thanks for looking.

Beautifully done!
Peter

My "day job"
(04-17-2018, 03:44 PM)Admiral Wrote: Well done.  Functional and nice looking.

Yep, I agree.
(04-17-2018, 05:04 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Nice I have been wanting to build one of these but I can't figure out how big to make it

I went large......

[Image: 13631780924_335ea83e3e_b.jpg]
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Very nice. Sure is nice to have everything organized and handy.

Very Nice Deeno
Formerly known as John's Woodshop