Show me you necklace hanger cabinets!
The LOML has these things hanging on lampshades. I envision a wall cabinet a couple of inches thick, maybe a foot wide and a couple of feet high but before I start making sawdust I would appreciate any advise and pics from those of you that have already addressed this problem.

Papa Jim
I had a good day. I used every tool I own!
(04-18-2018, 09:23 AM)Papa Jim Wrote: The LOML has these things hanging on lampshades. I envision a wall cabinet a couple of inches thick, maybe a foot wide and a couple of feet high but before I start making sawdust I would appreciate any advise and pics from those of you that have already addressed this problem.

Papa Jim

Hi Papa Jim - I posted a few pics in this thread a while back - below are the two pics again of one that I made a while back - mahogany, birds-eye maple, and birch ply back; felt lined in the inside of the doors; used some inexpensive key holders; and 'lamello biscuit' hinges - fits on the bedroom wall and holds all of her MANY necklaces.  Dave
Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Piedmont North Carolina
(04-18-2018, 09:23 AM)Papa Jim Wrote: The LOML has these things hanging on lampshades. I envision a wall cabinet a couple of inches thick, maybe a foot wide and a couple of feet high but before I start making sawdust I would appreciate any advise and pics from those of you that have already addressed this problem.

Papa Jim

you need to correct the spelling in the title
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

That's funny.  I agree with Bob.  You need to change the title to "necklace hanger".   I couldn't figure out what a hanger with no neck was until I saw the picture.
Between the title and hanging from lamps I was thinking what the hell is going on in their house
Laugh
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Ahh. I couldn’t figure it out. I too was wondering what a neckless hanger was much less what a cabinet for one would be.

I get it now.
-Marc

(04-18-2018, 10:05 AM)Bob10 Wrote: you need to correct the spelling in the title

Done! Thanks guys!
I had a good day. I used every tool I own!
(04-18-2018, 01:03 PM)Papa Jim Wrote: Done! Thanks guys!

WELL - 
Rolleyes   I knew immediately and was the first to post - guess one needs a wife w/ just TOO much jewelry, but I can't complain much, then she'll be talking about my tool, CD, and DVD/BD collections - always good to balance out spousal desires - 
Cool
Big Grin   Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
Hello,

I built a humidor with a matching jewelry box a few years ago.

These are the pictures of the jewelry box.

You can't really see but at the top on the left side there are two of these spinning hooks from Brusso.

Peter

My "day job"