Kudos to Holbren Tool
Placed my first order today with Holbren for a just a simple router bit.

Emailed Brian after I placed the order to see if I could apply the WN discount and within minutes got an email back confirming he would take care of it and no sooner after I read that, PayPal said I had a credit.

Awesome customer service!

Always have purchased Whiteside bits and hadn't bought any in a long time, now I know where to go!

Thanks Brian!
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
(04-18-2018, 03:09 PM)KLaz Wrote: Placed my first order today with Holbren for a just a simple router bit.

Emailed Brian after I placed the order to see if I could apply the WN discount and within minutes got an email back confirming he would take care of it and no sooner after I read that, PayPal said I had a credit.

Awesome customer service!

Always have purchased Whiteside bits and hadn't bought any in a long time, now I know where to go!

Hi Brian - don't believe I've shopped online at Holbren - will take a look - assume you bought some Whiteside bits?  I have an eclectic mix of router bit brands - mostly Freud, CMT, and Whiteside; also some Bosch, Rockler, and Lee Valley - I live in Piedmont NC (see map) and Whiteside and Freud are each about an hour's drive, so I've supported local companies - NOW, I've never even checked to see if tours are offered but would be fun to see how these bits are made?  Dave
Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Piedmont North Carolina
I've been to the Whiteside factory, it's a factory.  Lathes and mills to make the bodies, carbide braised on by and and profiles ground in a separate room.  I don't think they do tours though.

Freud I' sure is just an office an Warehouse, don't think there would be much to see there.  All of their products as far as I know are imported.
(04-19-2018, 11:41 AM)Brian in sunny FL Wrote: I've been to the Whiteside factory, it's a factory.  Lathes and mills to make the bodies, carbide braised on by and and profiles ground in a separate room.  I don't think they do tours though.

Freud I' sure is just an office an Warehouse, don't think there would be much to see there.  All of their products as far as I know are imported.

For those interested in how these router bits are made, checkout the 6+ min video at the Whiteside Website - don't believe there is a need for a visit nor does not appear that tours are given.  Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
I was going to mention Brian in Sunny FL as a great guy who sells also in Holbren but see he has already posted.  Check him out for his sales and selling and his site which is by his name.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(04-20-2018, 10:40 AM)giradman Wrote: For those interested in how these router bits are made, checkout the 6+ min video at the Whiteside Website - don't believe there is a need for a visit nor does not appear that tours are given.  Dave
Smile

Enjoyed that video. 

Thanks
chris