"Earth Amphora"
Hello everyone here's my latest piece "Earth Amphora" it finished at 7" D x 22" Tall It is made with Curly White Oak Quarter-sawn White Oak and Walnut, with a Danish oil finish.

Attached Files Image(s)

(04-19-2018, 11:14 AM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Hello everyone here's my latest piece "Earth Amphora" it finished at 7" D x 22" Tall It is made with Curly White Oak Quarter-sawn White Oak and Walnut, with a Danish oil finish.

Boy that sure looks nice. How did you do the or cut the staves that long?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thank you Arlin.....I didn't take photos while cutting the staves but I have a few photos of the Sled / Jig I used to make them and some of the project on the lathe. The one thing I did on this project was core a segmented ring; the center ring was cored to give me the top ring. To do this I used the PSI cut off tool that came w/ my basic set, running one cut at a slight angle the other inside cut at a 45 degree or better cut. There are photos of this also I'll post the ones I think show the most if you want me to post more just ask. 

This is the basic table saw set up I use for all my work.
Both angles are cut at the same time one on the left in one direction the other on the right in the other direction.
The blade angle stays the same.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here are photos of the project on the lathe, this is the tallest vast I've made yet 22".

Coring the ring, then on the lathe.

Attached Files Image(s)