Stone Veneer Around Posts
I plan on putting stone veneer on the sides of 8" x 10" doug fir posts on my porch. The timbers were not kiln dried so know they have a high moisture content. Since it's been raining recently in my area, the surface of the posts are moist. Should I be concerned about putting durock and veneer on now while the surface is moist? Does it make sense to wrap the posts with roofing paper underneath the durock? Thanks.
Wet lumber will shrink. Posts will shrink slightly in both dimensions (roughly equally) and probably check a bit. In my experience, posts check a lot more than they shrink, so the dimensions should be roughly the same.

Your backer board and your stone veneer won't shrink, so I don't think you have much to worry about. There will be some stresses between the wood and the backer board as the wood dries, but I don't think it will do a whole lot (at least depending on how you attach the backer board). Using a vapor barrier to retard drying probably isn't going to do much, so I wouldn't worry about that either.
Thanks for the feedback.