Gazebo demolishion
I am doing some re-landscaping which includes removing this gazebo.  Am I crazy to attempt to dismantle this or should I have someone with a bobcat come and just knock this over?

I have tools and a truck so I could always pull it down with a chain wrapped around the top section.  Key is I don't want to get hurt in the process.  My original thinking was detach the top roof from the structure and pull that off then go section by section on the lower roof and finally break down the wall sections.  

How would you take this down?

Attached Files Image(s)

(04-20-2018, 11:05 AM)WoodworkerTom Wrote: How would you take this down?

Gasoline.
A chain saw and a sledge hammer.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
post it on c-list for free.....
Yes

Ed
(04-20-2018, 11:23 AM)EdL Wrote: post it on c-list for free.....
Yes

Ed

I see dilapidated sheds for free on Craigslist all the time, someone must be taking them...However ,I often see the poster request "must be licensed and insured".  I don't think those posts get much of a response

I removed an old shed on my MIL's property last year.  It was mostly post and beam type construction similar to your gazebo.  I removed the siding, then cut the posts mostly all of the way thru the top and bottom, after that it was fairly easy to push over.  The roof hit the ground hard but didn't break up at all.  I used a sawzall to cut the roof up and stuffed the whole thing in a dumpster
Start cutting the legs on one side and let it fall over. Easy. Course one time I took one down there was the remnants of the old one under it. A guy with a bobcat would laugh if you asked him to knock it over.  

I have seen those ads as well. Here come tear down my shed for free and oh you need to be licensed insured bonded. Just like those guys that list a dead free in the front yard. Tree for lumber and you cut it down grind the stump are licensed and insured and you pay me $500 for it.
(04-20-2018, 11:05 AM)WoodworkerTom Wrote: How would you take this down?

id cut through the 2 vertical roof supports each side- one back of the door. then wrap a chain around the posts each side of the door and pull it down with the truck.
(04-20-2018, 11:23 AM)EdL Wrote: post it on c-list for free.....
Yes

Ed

2nd this one
I am also of the opinion to work smarter not harder.  I have a hand truck that I can use to move larger sections to a dumpster.    Now I just need to convince the wife that I can do this vs spending $1,000 to have someone else take it down.  I broke my leg four years ago trying to close a borken garage door so I may lose this one.
(04-20-2018, 02:18 PM)WoodworkerTom Wrote: I am also of the opinion to work smarter not harder.  

Where do you live? You buy the beverages and we'll have it in manageable pieces before the beer is gone.
Big Grin
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15