Help with my riding mower
Turns out it was the battery; I still don't know why it read 12.3 v and wouldn't crank.
Thanks for all of the help.
Rick
Any government that robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul!
MAGA!!
(05-01-2018, 09:23 PM)scpapa Wrote: Turns out it was the battery; I still don't know why it read 12.3 v and wouldn't crank.
Rick

It should read 12.6 or over; at 12.3v it is approximately 50% of full power, sounds counterintuitive, I know, it had me scratching my head.  I learned this tidbit when testing my car battery.

https://www.pepboys.com/car_care_corner/...r_battery/
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(05-01-2018, 09:23 PM)scpapa Wrote: Turns out it was the battery; I still don't know why it read 12.3 v and wouldn't crank.
Rick

Read the voltage while it is trying to crank the engine. Below about 10-11 volts (I forget the exact here) and it won't crank. This is the actual capacity.
(05-02-2018, 04:45 PM)daddo Wrote:  Read the voltage while it is trying to crank the engine. Below about 10-11 volts (I forget the exact here) and it won't crank. This is the actual capacity.

Thanks for that info, I'll try to remember it when this one fails
Laugh .
Rick
Any government that robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul!
MAGA!!