Harbor Freight Air Hose Reel
(04-21-2018, 02:14 PM)jteneyck Wrote: The red rubber hose on mine has cracked and leaked - twice.  What hose are you guys using?  If it's the factory one is it red or black?  Thanks.  

John

Mine is red, so far, so good with it.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(04-21-2018, 09:02 AM)sweensdv2 Wrote: For shop use though I choose to go with this one, https://www.amazon.com/Flexzilla-Retract...y++L8250FZ , from Legacy. The much lighter hose and more flexible hose makes it a better fit for my shop.  The extra $25 over the HF reel certainly didn't break the bank.

+1

I have one of those, plus a flexzilla extension cord reel. Fantastic products.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

My 25' flexzilla reel wont fully retract if the line is inflated. Its on a portable 20gal puma and its not used much so not that big a deal but its annoying.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I also own a Flexzilla 25 footer and it absolutely will not fully retract if energized. I have mine mounted from the ceiling pointed down and it gives me fits trying to let it back in.
These "Happy Fella" reels are 15+ YO, original red hose, under pressure 24/7, still 100%.   Certainly not bad for the original price, which upon reflection, I think is lost to history, but they had to be cheap.
Winkgrin

[Image: P1010003-XL.jpg]

[Image: P1010004-L.jpg]
(04-22-2018, 12:17 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: My 25' flexzilla reel wont fully retract if the line is inflated. Its on a portable 20gal puma and its not used much so not that big a deal but its annoying.

When done using, isn't the idea to turn off the compressor and drain the tank?
(04-22-2018, 06:23 AM)Bluepine Wrote: I also own a Flexzilla 25 footer and it absolutely will not fully retract if energized. I have mine mounted from the ceiling pointed down and it gives me fits trying to let it back in.

I had that issue the first time I pulled it out.....the instructions mention wiping a silicone based lubricant on the hose occasionally to aid in the recoil. Worked well. Try it.

I also read about adjusting the recoil...sounds easy enough....didn't try it, yet, until I need to.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(04-22-2018, 12:17 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: My 25' flexzilla reel wont fully retract if the line is inflated. Its on a portable 20gal puma and its not used much so not that big a deal but its annoying.

Mike I have the same one and the same problem.  I have to turn off the air at the compressor and let out the air and it will go back in.  I also make sure the hose will go back and forth into the reel properly.

That is why I want another one.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(02-03-2021, 10:05 AM)Amaaina Wrote: Ehhh, it is 80 bucks right now, however even 80 bucks is not such a big amount of money for a good Retractable Hose Reel.

This thread is from 2018... 
Wink
Laugh
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
(02-03-2021, 10:05 AM)Amaaina Wrote: Ehhh, it is 80 bucks right now, however even 80 bucks is not such a big amount of money for a good Retractable Hose Reel.

there's a 20% off coupon that does not exclude "Central Pneumatic" that would bring it to $64 . . . .

https://www.hfqpdb.com/view_coupon/54104
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis