WOOD Magazine Cabinet Saw Shop Test
(04-26-2018, 07:39 AM)messmaker Wrote: Not a lot of action in the world of table saws. We used to have an active thread open just about all the time. It seems to be an afterthought these days.

That’s because it was decided by a background (or was it basement?) senior Woodnet committee that Powermatic is truly the best out there, and these articles are just allowed to be published on occassion to keep the unwashed masses entertained. 
[Image: OhYeahPM.jpg]
(04-25-2018, 05:45 PM)packerguy® Wrote: Lemme guess.....Best overall is sawstop, best value is grizz. I didnt read the article, but can imagine what it says. 

Yeah, pretty much.
(04-25-2018, 07:07 AM)GlenS Wrote: They review the most advertisers money saws. Then give the best tool award to the biggest advertiser. In this case it was once again sawstop for their "unique safety system--a monumental advantage--it's a no brainer" factor. I know 80+ year old woodworkers with 8 fingers & 2 thumbs & none of them ever had the need for the overpriced "unique safety system".  The Grizzly G1023RLX is the Top Tool in this review.

And your proof (about most advertising money wins) is...?

Seriously, you've made a pretty controversial claim, but without any proof to back it up.   And I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Grizz pays more advertising money to the woodworking magazines than any other table saw manufacturer.  They almost always have 2 page ads on the inside cover, which is typically the most expensive ad space.  I don't know that I've seen that much ad space for SawStop.

One other point.  In the last 10 years, what major new TS innovations or new introductions have occurred?  Aside from SS adding some more models to their lineup, I'm thinking hardly anything.  So, it's not surprising that a current review of basically the same saws would have similar results.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill