Rider mower seat cushion?
I have a couple of hours of mowing to do every weekend. I have a John Deere L118 riding mower. I'm coming off of a hamstring injury, and my glutes hurt when I sit for that long. I bought a JD seat cover, which has a small amount of padding (and some handy pockets!) but not much.

I could shove a pillow in there, but is there something actually designed for this?

Thanks.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
There are actually a type of suspension seat now available on mowers (mostly the zero turn type). They have adjusted to soften the ride to your liking. It seems like they run $100, +/-. You might check around for one of those. I intend to put one on my zero turn so I don't feel like I've been on a horse after mowing for 2 hours.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Yeah the suspension seats are nice for mowers without any suspension. My neighbors old ridgid frame ztr was nearly unusable on some properties but when he sold it and bought a mower with real suspension it was a night and day difference then upgraded with an air seat.... Very nice.... 

I have a cub cadet with the big cloth covered seat. It's very comfortable. I do like the newer ones with the arm rests though.  I looked at the green mowers and wasn't impressed with it for the price vs value and I wouldn't buy green anyway due to how they treat the farmers now.
(04-21-2018, 02:42 PM)fredhargis Wrote: There are actually a type of suspension seat now available on mowers (mostly the zero turn type). They have adjusted to soften the ride to your liking. It seems like they run $100, +/-. You might check around for one of those. I intend to put one on my zero turn so I don't feel like I've been on a horse after mowing for 2 hours.

(04-21-2018, 04:48 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: Yeah the suspension seats are nice for mowers without any suspension. My neighbors old ridgid frame ztr was nearly unusable on some properties but when he sold it and bought a mower with real suspension it was a night and day difference then upgraded with an air seat.... Very nice.... 

I have a cub cadet with the big cloth covered seat. It's very comfortable. I do like the newer ones with the arm rests though.  I looked at the green mowers and wasn't impressed with it for the price vs value and I wouldn't buy green anyway due to how they treat the farmers now.

Thanks. I'll look for one

I wouldn't buy green either, but it came with the house. 
Uhoh
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(04-21-2018, 05:18 PM)Aram Wrote: Thanks. I'll look for one

I wouldn't buy green either, but it came with the house. 
Uhoh

Good deal then. 

The cub cadet one is a pretty high back as well. The cloth is much more comfortable than the vinyl seats in the summer.

Northern tool usually has a few seats on their site. I have also seen the odd deal on the suspension seats on ebay.
I tried the standard suspension seat on a couple of mowers and the Cub was one that I did like but I then tried a Gravely with a air ride seat and boy what a difference that made.
(04-21-2018, 06:00 PM)fixtureman Wrote: I tried the standard suspension seat on a couple of mowers and the Cub was one that I did like but I then tried a Gravely with a air ride seat and boy what a difference that made.

True but the gravely is a commercial machine where as the cub is a homeowner one. I keep looking for an older cub to restore. Those were good machines but here they are very expensive when they show up for sale and they rarely have any of the attachments and I have never seen a pto  powered tiller here.
Any leads on a suspension seat that doesn't rain see the seat height much?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Try this. I have one on my ZT mower. Only about an inch of travel but it does make quite a difference. It takes a bit of work to mount if your seat holes don't line up but is doable. It only raises the seat an inch or two.
https://www.amazon.com/Maxpower-12530-Su...nsion+seat
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
Replacement tractor seats are available.  Check them out:

https://www.google.com/search?q=replacem...e&ie=UTF-8
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.