Heat equivalent of Led bulbs?
Why don’t you just buy the lumen equivalent LED bulb and be done with it? There is no operating temperature on light bulbs. You want brighter, read the wattage rating and color temperature on the package. Why is this even a question?
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
(04-24-2018, 10:20 PM)Woodenfish Wrote: Why don’t you just buy the lumen equivalent LED bulb and be done with it? There is no operating temperature on light bulbs. You want brighter, read the wattage rating and color temperature on the package. Why is this even  a question?

Indirectly there is a temperature on bulbs. It's figured by the wattage of the bulb and the fixture will have a max watt rating that correlates to the heat the fixture will take. 
   Had one inspector check every pendant in a restaraunt to see what the watt rating was on it. Course they all obviously had 13 watt leds in it... He must have gone through bulb training that week... 

But with leds it is a non issue. You aren't going to find an edition base bulb that's a real 100+ watts. Just buy what you want put it in and all is good. Just find bulbs the color and light output you like.
(04-24-2018, 11:05 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: Indirectly there is a temperature on bulbs. It's figured by the wattage of the bulb and the fixture will have a max watt rating that correlates to the heat the fixture will take. 
   Had one inspector check every pendant in a restaraunt to see what the watt rating was on it. Course they all obviously had 13 watt leds in it... He must have gone through bulb training that week... 

But with leds it is a non issue. You aren't going to find an edition base bulb that's a real 100+ watts. Just buy what you want put it in and all is good. Just find bulbs the color and light output you like.

The 'color temperature' of a light bulb is an important consideration beyond what has been discussed so far - in a single room w/ multiple lights, uniformity is important; another consideration is that LED bulbs can be dimmed if the right ones are purchased - I have them in my ceiling fixtures in the den and on the porch, but not needed in the kitchen, just have regular LEDs.

Color temperature of a bulb is given in Kelvin and can vary from a deep yellow to a blue tint (see pic below) - I like the intermediate temps, e.g. 4000-6000K - the Rockler LEDs in my basement are around 4000K and look fine for my purposes.  Dave
Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Piedmont North Carolina
I wonder which of those light temperatures attract more fish?

That's all we really need to know.
Big Grin
Here is a excerpt from Cree led lamps specs. 
•Suitable for use in operating environments ranging between -25°C and +45°C (-13°F and+113°F). Lifetime may be reduced if used in air tight enclosures or in insulated ceiling airtight (ICAT) recessed down light enclosures.       Roly
(04-25-2018, 07:08 AM)giradman Wrote: The 'color temperature' of a light bulb is an important consideration beyond what has been discussed so far - in a single room w/ multiple lights, uniformity is important; another consideration is that LED bulbs can be dimmed if the right ones are purchased - I have them in my ceiling fixtures in the den and on the porch, but not needed in the kitchen, just have regular LEDs.

Color temperature of a bulb is given in Kelvin and can vary from a deep yellow to a blue tint (see pic below) - I like the intermediate temps, e.g. 4000-6000K - the Rockler LEDs in my basement are around 4000K and look fine for my purposes.  Dave
Smile

It is interesting to note that fluorescent bulbs with a "daylight" rating are not continuous in the color scale.  There are bands of color that are missing and some bands that are more heavily represented.  That is why even with  "daylight" bulbs the photos taken have funky colors. It also is why those bulbs have a CRI rating, and other bulbs don't require one.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.