finish on logs from log cabin
a guy at work took some 6" x 12" boards he had, butted them together and joined them with lag bolts. The butt joint has some gaps he says, also a lip in a couple of places. He is going to mount it on some legs he made out of the same boards and use it it as a rustic bar. He was looking for a good finish. He was hoping for one that would cover the lip but not crack. I've suggested not worrying about that and simply finishing each board. Although I may suggest sanding at least the lips flat if he wants a smooth surface.

Any suggestions on what would be a good finish for a bar made out of log cabin beams? He was wondering about that finish, can't remember the name, where you pour it on. He was hoping it would cover the lip.
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
Bar top finish, which is alcohol resistant.

The pour on stuff is a heavy liquid epoxy finish. Not sure if it will handle alcohol.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020