pocket hole fixture
(05-03-2018, 09:42 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Hole is real accurate. Bit has a copper guide you push the bit through.

A hardened steel bushing probably will be more accurate, certainly more accurate over time.  A $15.00 upgrade and probably worthwhile.

Are you open to sharing the design with others?

https://www.mscdirect.com/products/bushi...069777_c_S
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(05-03-2018, 11:09 AM)Cooler Wrote: A hardened steel bushing probably will be more accurate, certainly more accurate over time.  A $15.00 upgrade and probably worthwhile.

Are you open to sharing the design with others?

https://www.mscdirect.com/products/bushi...069777_c_S

I've sold a few.
Wink

The copper bushing, I'm still using my prototype cutter in the shop. It's about 20-22 (correction) years old. It's on it's second copper bushing, after doing kitchen cabinets all those years.
Wink

4 degree hole angle.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(05-03-2018, 12:40 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I've sold a few.
Wink

The copper bushing, I'm still using my prototype cutter in the shop. It's about 20-22 (correction) years old. It's on it's second copper bushing, after doing kitchen cabinets all those years.
Wink

4 degree hole angle.
 4 degrees sounds pretty good.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(05-03-2018, 03:34 PM)Cooler Wrote:  4 degrees sounds pretty good.

Yes, thanks. I've got 4 sitting here boxed up.......
Uhoh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

making a machine like that is an interesting sideline.  I have no room for something like that, but I would love to see a video of it working.
(05-04-2018, 07:46 AM)EricU Wrote: making a machine like that is an interesting sideline.  I have no room for something like that, but I would love to see a video of it working.

12"x12" footprint. No I'm not hawking em here.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have the single Kreig jig.  I have used it  a lot for face frames and cabinets.  So easy to use so that makes me use it often.   I have found no need to get a bigger set.  Doesn't take very long to drill holes for a cabinet.  The big key is to make sure you clamp boards well that you are screwing together; the boards will move.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
If interested, I just posted a never used kreg K4 jig in Swap and Sell
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(04-27-2018, 06:41 AM)Admiral Wrote: It has its place.  Where there is no structural stress on the joint, certainly face frames, and I can see using it for utility pieces.  But for traditional furniture, my preference is traditional joinery.....  when I'm reincarnated in 200 years I want to see my work on the Antique Road Show!  
Laugh

I couldn't agree more. To me pocket hole joinery is the modern equivalent of a lazy man's way out. SORRY IF I HAVE OFFENDED ANYONE.

I have been using dowels and and mortise and tenon joints since I started woodworking 60 plus years ago.

Yes it takes longer, but craftsmanship is worth the effort ..... IMHO pocket holes are NOT craftsmanship.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

(05-07-2018, 10:12 AM)GeorgeV Wrote: I couldn't agree more. To me pocket hole joinery is the modern equivalent of a lazy man's way out. SORRY IF I HAVE OFFENDED ANYONE.

I have been using dowels and and mortise and tenon joints since I started woodworking 60 plus years ago.

Yes it takes longer, but craftsmanship is worth the effort ..... IMHO pocket holes are NOT craftsmanship.
 I have an antique claw foot table, and anopther round oak table.  Both have the skirt attached with pocket hole screws. They have been used for a long time.

Up until now, I thought the craftsmanship of the table was fine. Live and learn.

What is the proper way to attach the skirt? Pocket holes seems to be a great way to do it.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer