Motion light recommendation?
I am looking for recommendations for motion activated outdoor lights.
Solar and wired.
Thanks
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(04-29-2018, 11:09 AM)Pirate Wrote: I am looking for recommendations for motion activated outdoor lights.
Solar and wired.
Thanks

I like this one by Defiant.  It does not show in the picture, but the light section is split.  This means you can change the lighting direction by swinging one side or the other.  In one setting, I hung the light in the middle of the room and got approx 270* coverage.  I have purchased 3 of these.  I am using two at my current residence.  One to provide light on the back side of the house, so the deer can see to eat my shrubs
Upset , and one for security in front of the garage.

[Image: white-defiant-outdoor-flood-spot-lights-...4_1000.jpg]
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
I've installed a ton of motion lights, if you want good quality go with the RAB stealth models. They make a few different models. But they have higher wattage abilities and I think will last longer. I also find they are 10x easier to set up. But I still install defiant from HD and they do work, I have gotten a few bad ones right out of the box but they do work. But just from experience I prefer the stealth sensors. I have 2 of the 360* models on my house even. If it's on a front door or constant use area I recommend the extra money stealth. If it's for a low use area like a shed then I would say go with a defiant.
(04-29-2018, 04:21 PM)brofessor Wrote: I've installed a ton of motion lights, if you want good quality go with the RAB stealth models. They make a few different models. But they have higher wattage abilities and I think will last longer. I also find they are 10x easier to set up. But I still install defiant from HD and they do work, I have gotten a few bad ones right out of the box but they do work. But just from experience I prefer the stealth sensors. I have 2 of the 360* models on my house even. If it's on a front door or constant use area I recommend the extra money stealth. If it's for a low use area like a shed then I would say go with a defiant.

+1 on the RAB. I've got the super stealth 360 on this page and added in the lights I wanted. They've also got them paired with lights if you want. Mine has been used every day for probably about 6 or 7 years. Also easy to override the motion sensor if you want. Flip the switch 3 times and it stays on.

I chose them after listening to my neighbor complain about how often the other models he has gotten fail. I don't regret spending the money Might try the stealth dimmer version for another area.

http://www.rabweb.com/productLines.php?majorGroup=STL
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy