HF multi tool
Mine is about 10 years old.  I bought one for my SIL - lasted about 6 months - I still bought him another one. 

Yes they are cheap and gets hot - but they work.  I can buy a whole bunch of them for the price of a Fein. 

For sure it is one of the diamonds at HF,
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Yup its one of their diamonds. But if you want a better one keep an eye out at lowes. They put the porter cable one on sale with extras for $50 pretty often. It's the Dewalt one with a little less features and way cheaper.
(04-30-2018, 09:36 AM)Robert Adams Wrote: Yup its one of their diamonds. But if you want a better one keep an eye out at lowes. They put the porter cable one on sale with extras for $50 pretty often. It's the Dewalt one with a little less features and way cheaper.

When my HF multi tool died I got the corded DeWalt. While HF is really, really good value the DeWalt (and others I'm sure) are a class or three higher. It's much more powerful.
I bought one, loved it. Needed it, but could not find it. Bought a second one. Gave one to my SIL after I found the first one

As for buying better blades- laminate flooring is very, very hard on blades.

I had the HF version but I found an irresistible deal on the Fein. They both do the same thing, but using them is quite a different experience. My wife is sensitive to vibration in her hand due to an old tendon surgery. She couldn't hold the HF version without discomfort but she can the Fein. I say, use what you have, but keep an eye out for the Fein.
I will likely spring for a better version when the opportunity arises.
For now, the little HF has earned its keep!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I have a DeWalt version.  I was trying to undercut a piece of molding so that the flooring would fit under.  I struggled for about 20 minutes with a disposable Japanese pull saw and gave up.  

Loews is just 2 miles from my house; it makes these "emergency" trips more frequent.  

I've since used it many times.  I am currently putting up new vinyl soffit over plywood.  The vents were 1" circles.  I have some vented soffit and I place one every 5 feet or so.  The multi-tool makes working overhead much safer than any other option.  I cut 4" x 8" openings.  (The eaves are 32" deep.)
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(04-30-2018, 10:58 AM)joe1086 Wrote: When my HF multi tool died I got the corded DeWalt. While HF is really, really good value the DeWalt (and others I'm sure) are a class or three higher. It's much more powerful.

Very true. I also have a couple of the Milwaukee m12 cordless ones. They are extremely handy and get used more because it's cordless. Battery life is pretty good and it's lightweight and small.
(04-30-2018, 12:05 PM)goaliedad Wrote: I bought one, loved it. Needed it, but could not find it. Bought a second one. Gave one to my SIL after I found the first one

As for buying  better blades- laminate flooring is very, very hard on blades.

It's hard on carbide too

We just installed vinyl plank upstairs. I think it looks better, it's quieter, less bounce and you just score it and snap it.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

I have a HF circular saw that I got to to cut a window into a brick wall. I put a masonry blade in it. It didn't get all the way through the brick but it got far enough through that the jack hammer did a pretty clean job on the rest of it. It now sounds like a gravel truck when it's running, but it still runs so I keep it for any masonry work.