HF multi tool
I've never really found a need for one.

Although, I have a siding job coming up that it may be handy for. They nailed the 12" siding on (overlapped) and *then* installed the vinyl soffit. Soffit rail is nailed to the siding.
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Three of the pins that hold in the blade sheared off on my Bosch version and now it won't hold a blade. I'm pretty disappointed; I'm thinking the part may be more expensive than the HF version....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I belong on another forum and a lot of professionals are on as well. Most rave about the HF multi tool. They buy them in bulk when they come on sale and always have one available. One guy pointed out that he can buy 20 or more HF versions instead of the Fein version. This isn't a knock on Fein at all. Just a huge plus on the HF version. I buy some tools from HF and will continually do so.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(05-02-2018, 07:36 PM)museumguy Wrote: I belong on another forum and a lot of professionals are on as well. Most rave about the HF multi tool. They buy them in bulk when they come on sale and always have one available. One guy pointed out that he can buy 20 or more HF versions instead of the Fein version. This isn't a knock on Fein at all. Just a huge plus on the HF version. I buy some tools from HF and will continually do so.

Yup the fein stuff Is for the hobbiests. The reason for that is on a job site you don't buy overpriced tools. They will break, be destroyed, lost or stolen way before they wear out. That goes for the vast majority of tools not just one brand.