1/4" Bead Restoration Commission Job (pic heavy)
Star 
Finished up this commission restoration for another Woodnet member, Youngbuck, last week so wanted to share here. He gave me permission to say his name.

[Image: mtK1VTX.jpg?1]
Before. Presented him with 3 bead options per his 1/4" request, and he selected this one.

[Image: fCknni0.jpg]

L Case - Lorenzo Case made planes in Watertown, NY, from 1850-1855. Nose boxing is coming out a bit.

[Image: y10QOEZ.jpg]

More stickers than my toddler puts on things.

[Image: vFplVKa.jpg]

[Image: Xsb74Wh.jpg]

Everything gets a good scrub with dishsoap water and a non-scratch scotchbrite.

[Image: 75tAsQq.jpg]

Reseating the boxing after cleaning it and the channel. The smallest bits of hide glue on the edge, and a 1/4" dowel to help hold it in place.

[Image: r8e9JXx.jpg]

Alfie Shine is always one of my favorite steps. It sits overnight.

Flower Video After Alfie Shine is buffed

[Image: iuySxvO.jpg]

Blade cleaning & sharpen, put it all together. Profile was off a bit, so I had to float the cheek a bit, but after that we're golden.

The edge seen here is because the face isn't planed, it's not on the other side.

[Image: vMyceRO.jpg]

Little whisps here and there can easily come off, otherwise, pretty happy with that. Cedar.

[Image: j7BBqCR.jpg]

Against and with the grain, only the smallest tearout in one point against the grain. Not too shabby.

[Image: Cth5u09.jpg]

[Image: 2qk6SfD.jpg]

[Image: ptYMuNU.jpg]

[Image: 5728rln.jpg]

The green paint didn't readily come off and I didn't want to go on a chemical spree to get off oil paint. Adds a bit of character.

[Image: 7oDQaP8.jpg]
Nice rehab!

I love side beads. I have several and use them frequently. Much easier than trying to set up a router to cut a bead; and side bead planes offer a much larger selection of profiles than currently available router bits, especially in the small sizes. I also have a nice moving fillister plane that had boxing issues. I did a repair similar to yours on it and its has stood up well for several years. Gotta love hide glue.
Sweet! Thanks muchly for walk through.